Shared Memory API

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Mikael Hermansson, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Can't update the translator because the memory mapped filename hasn't changed

3. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    To clarify, the previous update changed the shared memory file name which meant I could copy data out of the new shared memory file into one I created with the same name as the old version.

The latest update doesn't allow me to do this because the name hasn't changed

5. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @mr_belowski
    So,there is no solution with R3E Memory translator for my motion simulator if i have right understood.

6. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    Bonjour Jean-Francois

You are french and me too, but for all people i try write my post in english language.

Since 2 years ago you had suppress support of motion simulator BlueTiger in R3E.
    Luckily there was the program R3EMemoryTranslator (thanks to Mr_belowski), but now since last update from shared memory , it don't work.
    The American company constructor of motion simulator BlueTiger has closed. I can not have help from them.

But i don't understood why you had suppress the support of BlueTiger, because in PCARS / PCARS2 / ACC / AC / IRACING it work nice.
    I love R3E, i hope you can help me and many users of BlueTiger Simulator.

If you want, i can help you for testing any solution.

If I remember correctly we did some racing with RACE07 or GTR2 together in a league GTR-ONLINE....

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide.

Franck

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Aaahhhh, i might have misunderstood here.

The shared memory translator *can* be updated to convert the latest shared memory data into the original shared memory data. It *can't* be updated to convert the latest shared memory into the shared memory from last week (before the recent update).

Leave it with me, i'll update it when I get time - hopefully some time this weekend

8. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhhhhhh Yes mr_belowski thank you. I offer a beer barrel for this version.You have time, it's not emergency.
    But if R3E Team dev can be ADD support of motion simulator BlueTiger in R3E is it also a good news.

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    @Franck83

I'm quite short of time at the moment and it's not quite as simple as I'd hoped. Mapping the tyre and brake temperature information from the latest version to the old version requires some additional coding. Do you need this tyre / brake data? If not, here's a completely untested version that *might* work - I've replaced the older structure with the latest one and made a couple of changes to support it but have no way of testing my work:

https://github.com/mrbelowski/R3EMe...-or-brakes/Builds/R3EMemoryTranslator-2.7.exe

10. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot Jim, i will try this asap and report, really hope it works :)

11. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So happy to tell every sim racer with motion rig, the app update from Mr B works !!
    Just tryed it now and no prob my motion rig is back to life :)

Thanks a lot Jim :)

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Great, thanks for the update. It should be possible to fix more recently updated devices that no longer work due to the April r3e changes, by copying the data into a new memory mapped file using a different game format and file name. So you'd run the device in pCars mode but the pCars data would actually be populated from the new r3e data

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thank a lot Mr_belowski my motion simulator work fine with your new R3EMemoryTranslator.
    Nice job !!! You have win a beer barrel by paypal .....

[QUOTE="mr_belowski, post: 175484, member: 1027" So you'd run the device in pCars mode but the pCars data would actually be populated from the new r3e data[/QUOTE]
    Yes it's a good idea

Thanks Jim.

14. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Its great we have again motion data working but another issue is there, it seems CC doesent recieve data from R3E. At least for me it doesent work, any possible fix or help from CC Team?
    Maybe a file needs to be in the R3E folder somewhere to get CC working?
    Will continue to check what's going on, thanks for any help from CC Team.

15. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys, i forced update (4.9.7.3) and CC works great !
    my bad...forgot i skiped last update:rolleyes:

16. Jens W. Fiedler

Jens W. Fiedler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

can someone give me a hint which is the best practice to determine which one is the players car? Atm I´m comparing the driver names out of the DriverData array with the player name given by the API. But that seems not to be the best solution cause the API sometimes adds some random bytes to the player name so that I have to use work arrounds like "contains" or something else. I saw that there is a UserID in the DriverInfo object but I´m missing the global "PlayerID"

thanks a lot and regards

Jens

17. Jens W. Fiedler

Jens W. Fiedler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Found the solution by myself: VehicleInfo.UserID

18. krissangel

krissangel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    i got no more vibrations in my gametrix.
    Is there something to do ?
    thks

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Your software for the seat needs to be updated as the R3E API was updated in the last patch.

20. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Download simshaker 3.6

• Like Like x 1