Question GPU vs CPU Video Settings?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Topshelf147, May 1, 2019.

1. Topshelf147

Topshelf147 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, just wondering if there's any graphic settings that are specifically going to work the GPU instead of the CPU in the current state of RaceRoom? Right now I'm running an i7 7700/1070 combo through an Odyssey+ on Low Visual settings (Custom as MSAA set to 2x) and I'm getting only about average of 60fps. CPU is hitting up to 95% usage while GPU only hits about 65%. Would like to know if there's any settings that would off-load the CPU and throw some work at my GPU, or at least add some detail without dropping fps any more. Thanks

2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Reducing Reflection quality typically helps CPU a good deal. Otherwise visible number of cars. The engine is known to be more easily cpu-bottlenecked due to its age.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Reflection, Motion Blur and the number of visible cars are the biggest fps killers for me

4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Not to forget the shadows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. Shadows and Motion Blur are off already. Cars are set to 16, can try lower. I'll check reflections tonight. Guessing I'm pretty much maxed out then without a pc upgrade. Love VR, but dang it needs serious horsepower.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Mate, I got rid of my Rift because my PC just wasn't up to running R3E and other Sims at what I consider good enough settings while still maintaining 90 fps! I'll wait on more power and better resolution now. As good as VR is I'm great with my new setup in the meantime.

7. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, i went from trips at near max to VR at near min. lol. But I'm totally in love with the immersion, even with low quality graphics, so I'll just deal with until i hit the lottery.

8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    To be fair: it doesn't look so bad with these graphics settings in the rift.
    So I'll definitely stick with the plus of immersion. Never can go back to monitors.

9. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, really doesn't look that bad at all, and once the race starts I don't notice anything graphic wise anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I said the same thing for a year but then got a good price on a monitor and rig that I just had to get and once I played AMS with the correct seating position and fov I new I could just sell the Rift and enjoy 4k maxed again until VR and PC both improve!