Resolved Fanatec Missing Device

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kitsune Magyar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Magus

Magus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @GrimeyDog

Thank you for the tip. I also deleted the whole Simbin folder in mygames and seems to have fixed it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Magus

Magus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, I'm having the same problems with my pedals today Arrgggggggggh!!

Swapped rims to GT rim, loaded up, all okay. Came out the game to change Steam VR supersampling level lower, load in, start, have steering and gears but no pedals.

I seem to be an isolated case here so not sure what is up. Anyone have nay other suggestions or experienced this before?

EDIt: So again I did a Verify Integrity (no files were reported), deleted the files in the Controlset and it worked. Not sure why this keeps happening to me (and not reported by anyone else).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  3. Magus

Magus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm still having this issue where my pedals are recognised but my wheel not. So I'm having to keep deleting the profile(s) in Controllerset and starting the keybinding process & FFB settings afresh. This consistent pita process is ruining the game for me. I realise I must be an isolated case as no one else seems to be reporting it, I just wish I knew what the problem was as R3E is the only game I'm having this issue with!?!?

4. MJRL_PT

MJRL_PT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Could you upload your profile with the Formula Rim?
    I tried everything and i couldn't make it work, no wheel in the game.
    Thanks

5. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    My V2.5 profile will Not tell Me what Rim im using---> Porsche/F1---> It just says what i Named it V2.5 No Wheel Rim Noted and i dont Get the Missing device message---> Im do most posting from My Phone when i get to My PC i will try to upload the file but as i said the 1 profile works for the Porsche and F1 Rim and i change in game between Races and rarely have any problems other than the regualar Steam Game Crash every so often.

Also you do know that if you make Changes to the Ex: BMW rim Settings on the Fanatec properties page that they will Not Carry over to EX: the F1/Porsche rim---> You have to set any special settings you like per individual Rim--->Ex: If you have Mouse Emulation on with the BMW Rim when you change to another Rim it will be Off until you set it to on in the Fanatec properties page per individual rim---> I believe this may also be the case for any custom pedal settings that they will have to be set per rim also.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  6. motowntom

motowntom New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dude, I just found this! Thanks so much, I can now navigate apps in AC in VR with this! You the man!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. FrenzKTM

FrenzKTM New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too. Wheel not recognized - missing device

8. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Fear not, there is a workaround. Locate your controller profile... file:
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Locate the following line in the profile file you're using:
    DeviceId[00]="(xxxxxxxx, x, X, x)" [There will be actual numbers, not x:es.]

When I go to Controlset it says the folder is empty.
    When I go to device statistics I see that my . V2.5 says >true< but my pedals say >false< how do I change this as my pedals are not detecting?

9. dave4880

dave4880 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    DID YOU FIND A FIX I AM HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ?