So when are you going to ban the people that deliberately hit you and ruin your race?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Husker, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Husker

Husker Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It seems like it happens in every race i do. There's always one that will deliberately ruin everyones race by turning their race car into a bulldozer. Just now i was leading all the way up to the last few minutes and i was passing a lapped car that i had lapped multiple times and *PUNT*, just like all the previous laps where he attempted to hit me only this time my engine died. So all that work put into a race only for it to be ruined by someone that decides he needs to ram everyone because he isn't winning. Isn't that right DAN COOPER?!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Recently server tools were implemented, allowing server admins to kick and ban players if needed.
    So you may want to talk to your server administration.

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    If you play on public servers, then this is an inevitability. There's nothing anyone can do about it because these servers are automated. They are not staffed, and neither S3 or anyone else has time to go back through logs and replays after the fact to find and penalise bad drivers. As far as I'm aware, there aren't even any associated rules that state ramming other drivers isn't allowed.

If you want clean, fair races then I'm afraid you need to find yourself a community that hosts organised racing events. They'll have rules and staff to enforce them, so deliberate rammers are weeded out and banned from their events. That's even more possible now thanks to the recently implemented ban feature for R3E servers.

Sure, having to race at the times designated by the organised events isn't going to be quite as convenient as racing whenever you like on public servers, but that's the direction you need to take if fair racing is important to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You must be one unlucky person then :D
    When i drive i do quite a bit of public server racing and while its not always the cleanest racing in the world i cant remember the last time i came across someone deliberately crashing people.
    (The one exception is the few free content servers. I only go near those when i wanna practice crash avoidance and reading where cars are gonna go while spinning :D )

5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Response from the protocol:
    "Join a leage!"

6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    A rating system would fix this and bring experienced users from iracing back or simply into the fold.. until then your choices are to navigate a league or do iracing.. Maybe ACC once that's really up and running. I'm not a fan of iracing but the horse crap I see in raceroom every 3rd race would go away.

I have seen DQ's happening more frequently.. I am assuming it's a max incidents implemented server side. Which is a real positive if that is whats happening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  8. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I have the same experience on public servers, especially on "free" tracks. If you join a race on a "pay" track, it's much better.

9. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    More than welcome to join us https://ausnz.info :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Our RWB servers are not automated, if we are racing on them in public they are very much monitored and kicking unfortunately has to happen, yes we run closed league race servers but the majority of the time we run public and recently the racing has been kept clean.

We do run a free content lobby for all the free stuff which isn't monitored and gets messy but we run that for players that just want to try out different cars.

I just wish that it was easier to chat to the community in race as we get some really clean racers who we would welcome to our club, we are not just a league we run random stuff all the time and do requests, not all clubs are leagues and there is no commitment, it's just a like minded community of clean racers of all levels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately the devs or testers don't sit in public lobbies all day policing them. We are happy to ban, we just need a raceroom profile ID and some video evidence. Link it here or on the raceroom discord and action might be taken. ;)

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I didn't say your events were automated. To be honest, I've never heard of your community. But the general public servers are, in that they're just left unattended which is why this problem occurs. That's the reason I suggested the OP find a community that hosts organised, monitored racing... one such as yours, or maybe RaceDepartment where I race. It lacks the convenience of just "jumping in" whenever you're free, but the high quality racing more than makes up for it.

13. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    No I know you didn't I was just pointing out that ours are a jump in anytime sort of thing as you say but are high quality as they are monitored, but we do also run a league once a week as well so do a bit of both ;-)

14. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    How would I join the server, it asks for a password? I have been on discord but I cannot find the pricess of how to join a server!

15. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Which one were you trying to join?

16. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure now, it was a RWB server, where would I find the password, should I be signing up for the race?

17. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

18. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the night and whats going on. We do open lobby racing most nights, but do also have closed (locked) servers, for events or league racing. i.e Thursday night is what we call our Mini-League night, its fairly casual with 5 short races on random un-announced tracks with a single car, arrive and drive. But its in a closed lobby, to keep it clean for our members, from the get go. Saturday night is our main league race which is also on a locked server and exclusive to those who signed up for the league. Other nights are mainly in the open /public server, which is monitored throughout the night, to keep it clean.

If in doubt, just ask us on our discord channel, loads of people are always around and happy to help/chat.

Edit, I guess the other important bit of info is.. we mainly race from around 9:30 pm (UK)

19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    On some track days there has been rule that forbids overtaking at corners, I guess idea is mostly to avoid people with lack of skill overtaking between braking and Apex.

Not sure how difficult such rule would be implement, but public servers are bit of open track days, it would not solve ramming on purpose, but I would think such game option might actually bring something good for public server racing?

20. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Strongly disagree on that one. Cant even explain why but just nope :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1