News May 2019 - Developer notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 14, 2019.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    DTM is officially touring cars, though :p
    Sadly not, as we have yet to figure out how to perform this magic, we'd need to run the simulation twice simultaneously, all of a sudden. Once for the replay, and once to keep track of all the stuff happening in the race while you're watching an instant replay. Not a small task.
    Actually, if you can give me a custom RCS for a DD1 wheel and some information about its minimum and maximum range, I could give you a file to try.

2. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Matter of opinion mate. We all have our personal preferences. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    No DTM this year? Not very smart Mr Berger. They missed again the chance to advertise DTM.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    BMW M1 Group 4
    [​IMG]
    Formula RaceRoom X-90
    [​IMG]

I like what i see here, looking forward to these 2 oldies :cool::D

• Like Like x 3
  6. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I see, I was kind of thinking of the way GRID and Dirt and F1 are doing this with their instant replay buttons, so that the Stewarts kind of could rewind the last, say 30 seconds, and then go on with the live footage. I was hoping that it is "only" a bit of work concerning the saving of the position data of the cars on track.

Thanks for giving the insight! =)

7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Any timeframe for the updated physics for DTM92 and Touring Classics @J-F Chardon ?

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Why do you have to crush my hopes like that :(
    You better be working on gt500 then ;D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully not anytime soon. I can actually drive these without the "Crew Chief" telling me how rubbish my driving is unlike the other classes.:Do_O:Do_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    It is working if you keep Spring and Damper settings enabled (100% by default) in your Thrustmaster Control Panel.
    In-game just set those effects to 0% (they are 0% with default profile for T300) and it should work. I discovered this not so long ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just in case you weren't aware of this, RR does also have an instant replay function (default hotkey R, iirc), but it only works in single player mode because the game gets paused if you activate it, which cannot be done in multiplayer. So as J-F pointed out, in mp the game would have to continue gathering the replay data whilst simultaneously accessing it. I'm sure it could be done somehow, but it would probably take a huge amount of work and some new techniques to achieve that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I suppose the Thrustmaster driver is doing some friction on its own somehow?
    Do you feel any difference when changing the value for FFB stationary friction="0.7" ?

Could it be a standard effect created by the Thrustmaster driver?

13. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I discovered the game needed those settings enabled in the Thrustmaster driver for the stationary friction to work. But the effect to me is generated by the game, not the thrustmaster driver.
    If it was the driver, the effect would be permanent I guess. But in this case it's only applying when stopped or moving very slowly (there is a value for this in the .rcs if I recall correctly).

And yes there is a difference when changing "FFB stationary friction" in the .rcs. I changed mine to 0.9 while testing this and the effect felt harder when I changed. I've kept it at 0.9 since.
    Logically if I set this to 0 in the .rcs then the effect should be gone. I will test this and report.

14. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    This made my day. This is THE addition to the game in my opinion. Everytime when I visited this forum I hoped for more infos about these cars since they were announced last winter. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. :)

Maybe only for the trailer. Here he's using a Bodnar SimSteering V2. :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Very much interested in the pneumatic trail ffb changes I've always had a weird sensation with rr self aligning forces the way it sort of sways a bit around centre, unlike a real rack. I hope this rectifies it

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Will there be any more friends for Group 4? I would love to have a larger class.

17. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    At least one more that is for sure at the moment. Not started on. Only recorded the sounds for now :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

Leo bodnar or OSW are the same ones, they both work with Granite Diveces and Simucube, but the Leo is more expensive as they work with different control modules.

19. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]I love the fact that I can see all 20 pixels.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I heard we also like blurry tracks :D

Anything that you could reveal about planned physics updates? We know about DTM92 and Touring Classics and we can safely assume BMW M1 Procar, since it's pretty much the same car as Group 4 version

• Agree Agree x 1