HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure that's possible, if i remember correct it is white already just with a 50% opycity, this combined witht he dark background makes it less bright, i will increase that in the next update to 75%.

You can't compare to invalid laps, as there is just no time to compare against then.
    You would need to run a dedicated timer and store the invalid time somehow to make it possible, but i that would be a hughe effort with file reading and such, which i dont think is worth it, sorry ;/
    A Live Sector Times Widget would be a plus i agree. Session best / Player best is already in the Timing screen in the menus and i dont really see a benefit to have it visible while driving all the time. Maybe as a option, will see.

Thanks for the information, it helps :)
    I could make a "Low update" version to test if People that dont have a high end PC would benefit a bit more. The Pedals display would be on lower update rate then too and would look a bit clunky but...
    AI combined with this it what makes it so perfomance hungry as the AI is using alot of your CPU power.
    The CPU usage of the WebHud is what i can work on with update rate, but on the GPU side ther eis not much you could do, as the Size of the WebHud (which is fullscreen invisible with the Widgets as layers on top of that) stays the same no matter what. It would only help a bit as the Frame would not have to update so much. If your up for it we could make some tests?

Thanks for all the informations and suggestions Guys! Really helps and much appreciated.

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Does the dash still collect all the data (pedal display for example) even if you have those elements turned off? Cuz if not then that wouldnt help on my side either :D only really run tires, fuel, the radar thing and the relative.
    Regarding testing im not sure i have enough time at the moment to give up much of the time i do get to drive. Plus i know nothing about computers so if you were to ask me for my cpu usage id have absolutely no idea how to give you that information. So it might become a lot of work and waiting for you but if that doesnt bother you we can give it a try :D

3. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    For those running with AI and the WebHud, or struggling with Performance of the Game already:

RaceRoom always starts multiple processes for the Game:
    RRRE.exe / RRRE64.exe which handles all the Game-Engine & Rendering stuff
    RRREWebBrowser.exe which handles the generation of Menu stuff in a WebBrowser, this also handles the WebHud overlay itself.
    Both of these Processes are running, by default on all Cores of your CPU and when your CPU hits the max, which can happen quite easily with alot of AI, the WebHud is also affected.
    And if your CPU is already struggeling to run all the AI smoothely, sure the WebHud makes a hughe impact on top of that.

What you could try and i would suggest is:
    Decouple the RRREWebBrowser.exe prcess from the Main Game process, by setting the Affinity to the half your max cores, or a maximum of 4.
    So the game has dedicated cores which dont get affected by the WebHud, and vice versa.

As example:
    Total of 16 Cores
    RRRE64.exe to 12 cores (0-11) and RRREWebBrowser.exe to the last 4 (12-15)

Total of 8 Cores

RRRE64.exe to 4 cores (0-3) and RRREWebBrowser.exe to the last 4 (4-7)

Total of 4 Cores
    Here you need to try, either:

RRRE64.exe to 3 cores (0-2) and RRREWebBrowser.exe to the last 1 (3)
    or:
    RRRE64.exe to 2 cores (0-1) and RRREWebBrowser.exe to the last 2 (2-3)

You can do that in the Task-Manager of Windows, but keep in mind that you have to it again, each time you launch the game.
    Or you could use a tool like "Process Lasso" (https://bitsum.com/) which has a option to make these AFFINITY changes as soon as the process starts.
    BE CAREFUL with this tool as it has options which could harm the overall performance of your Windows alot.

Moo,
    Otter

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The Data is polled in the baclground no matter what, and even data that is not used at all. It is a Memory block that gets read which holds a specific amount of data you can't alter.

What i meant is, if i would reduce the update rate of the window itself the Pedal "display" would look chunky as the state of the pedals would only update like twice a second. Also the relative times would update less often and all the other widgets you use.
    This could make a difference for lower computers!

5. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    @Nico Kunze
    I will make a low update version and send you the link in Discord, if your up for it. No need to rush!

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Then it might be worth a try

Here we go, dont have discord :D
    But if its just a link couldnt you just send me a pm on here?

7. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    How do I get Crew Chief to run dash.exe?

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Start Crew Chief, click Properties, set the filter to R3E, untick Show Common. Of the few settings now visible, one is called Enable WebHUD Integration. Tick that, save, and don't bother with dash.exe anymore. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am sure this is very simple, but I can´t figure it out:
    in SP races, the delta bar only shows the distance to the car in front, but when I am first it doesn´t show the gap to the second. What do I need to set?

10. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    There is nothing to set, this is the normal behaviour of the Delta display.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Otter, very helpful!

One request, is it possible to add an option to hide opponents which are further away than xxx seconds and meters? Like 10sec and 500m for example.
    That provides a better overview for the relative widget.

Regards
    Seb

12. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I actually noticed that today aswell: When in the lead, my position is shown in the very last line and on Nordschleife the last opponents are indicated with +570 seconds etc in the lines above, while I cannot see the 2nd and 3d place around 8 to 12 seconds behind me.

13. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Noticed that as well, happens when your leading and your over the line already and the guys behind are not, then they get sorted into the "Drivers ahead" list.
    Working on it

• Like Like x 4
  14. raysson

raysson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could it be possible to separate position and lap from the topbar and make them single widgets?

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  15. fogtop

fogtop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Firstly Thankyou very much this is just what I was looking for. How ever I've found that the tyre info's are difficult to follow, at the moment the front tyre's are shown on the left and the rears are on the right, I believe it is usual to have front tyres on top and rears at the bottom(hope this makes sense).

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Id guess thats so its the same layout as the tire pressures on the car setup page

17. fogtop

fogtop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you you know if this can be changed?

18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont think theres anything quick you could do but dont really know

19. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Umm... there might be something wrong on your end. Pretty sure for me the front tyres are at the top and the rears below. In fact, I'm sure because I just ran an online race where I changed only my front tyres halfway through.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure it's possible but that would overload the settings page a bit and i dont really see the need in this?

The Tire Widget shows the Tyres as follow

FL FR
    RL RR

It has always been this way

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1