Idea for Multiclass Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, May 19, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    To prevent that just one class gets picked every time in a multiclass race (for example: GT3, GT4.....everybody picks GT3 and maybe one guy GT4) there could be an option of slots per class.

For example: 5 Slots for GT3, 5 Slots for GT4 .... if GT3 is full you can only join by using a GT4 slot.

Maybe that way a few more people try out different classes in a big lobby and we get more variation.
    (Just a small Idea...)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Hated that about the ac multiplayer although there it was even down to individual cars instead of just classes.
    It certainly wouldnt lead to me choosing a different car but rather me just driving the car i wanna drive somewhere else but maybe im part of a minority with that

3. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I thought so too. Thats why the booking system in RaceApp supports all possible variations of that. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I didn't know there is already something like this in AC (because I'm just in R3E and ACC).
    The thing with the individual car would be too much I think :D

So you are using an app which shows you just the lobbys with everything possible instead of limitations?

But think about it... it's no real multiclass racing right now.... basically is every lobby just GT3 cars (or freaking slow DTM noobs) with 2 or 3 other carclasses who racing just against their own.... alone.... ;( and they end up using also GT3 cars, because thats what everybody is picking and it creates a vicious circle.

Setting those limitations could create real multiclass racing. And if you just want to drive GT3? Then cool, create or go to a lobby with just GT3 possible, otherwise there must be a limitation, so nobody is using an app or something else and makes all that useless ;)

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you're saying, but your solution wouldn't work. As Nico said, when you place restrictions on cars people just go elsewhere. Nobody likes being forced to drive a car they don't want to drive, so they won't. I've seen this many times in both casual club racing and organised leagues, so it almost certain will be the case on public servers.

6. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Damn... it's a hard knock Sim life.... ;(

7. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    RaceApp is a plattform for organizing leagues.
    There you can say for example 30 spots in total but each class is limited to 20 spots

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Why are there so many multi class lobbies? I always seem to pick a class that no one else does, you end up not racing anyone, where is the fun in that?

• Agree Agree x 1