Bug Invalid lap time warning never goes away

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mr James R Andrew, May 20, 2019.

1. Mr James R Andrew

Mr James R Andrew New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got the message 'Invalid lap time due to cutting track' but it wouldn't go away, even if I restart the session, it is still there. Video example:
    This is happening in the Road America 2H leaderboard competition.

2. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Same here...

3. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    restart the game ??

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi, sb else already reported this, but I haven't been able to reproduce this. If you know of a way to make this happen, please share.

If it happens all the time for you, you can try renaming this folder: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience.
    If you launch the game after renaming this, the game will create a new one with fresh files.
    If this doesn't change anything you can delete the newly created folder and rename your original folder back to 'RaceRoom Racing Experience'.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    a guy at our league has mentioned the same issue, he even has the messages stacked all upon each other (his own warnings and other players penalties). I asked him to try to rename the folder and to come her to post his screenshots

6. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    This is the Race-Info Widget from the WebHud, just turn it off
    It just doubles the messages, which the normal Ingame Hud gives you anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. speedy25

speedy25 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All time , I have this

Attached Files:

8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Like i said, turn off the Race-Info Widget in the WebHud settings.
    I never actually had a look at it, as it is unnecessary to use at the moment.
    [​IMG]

9. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Your answer shows that you never had a look at it, because it's not true what you're talking. It's not the WebHud widget, it's the original RRRE message that does'nt disappear anymore. Enable or disable WebHud does'nt change anything.

Gave this a try, it fixes the problem, but all my FF-setting, controller profiles, setups are now missing. So i deleted the new folder and renamed the older one back to before. All settings there, and the problem too. Guess there is one bad or damaged file in this folder what causes the problem. (hud_options.xml maybe?)

10. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Think i got it fixed, this is what i did.
    First thanks to Christian Göpfert, renaming the "RaceRoom Racing Experience" folder was the right direction, and i was right, it has something to do with the hud_options.xml.

This is what I did and it worked FOR ME!

- look for the Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience - folder
    - rename the folder to i.e. "RaceRoom Racing Experience-old"
    - start RRRE, go to the game options and set your hud options as you like, for testing i turned everything on
    - quit RRRE, the game has now created a new "RaceRoom Racing Experience" folder
    - go to your Documents\My Games\SimBin - folder, rename the new created "RaceRoom Racing Experience" - folder to i.e.
    "RaceRoom Racing Experience - new". Rename your old folder back to "RaceRoom Racing Experience"
    - open the *** - new folder, inside is a "Userdata" - folder with a "hud_options_xml" in it. Copy this file, got to your
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\Userdata - folder and paste the file, let the old one overwrite.
    - test RRRE, should work now

After i did this, i tried RRRE without WebDash, and with WebDash enabled, no problems. The "Invalid lap time due to cutting track" message appears when you cut the track and disappears after a few meters.

Problem solved - at least for me!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @pierredietze thanks, I'll give your tip to speedy25 hope this will work for him too

12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Or just delete the hud_options.xml in the actual folder only, and R3E creates a new one next start, sparing youthe copy back and forth rename and so on?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    yep that's what he did and looks fine. Thanks again @pierredietze

14. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a similar issue - only for me the invalid lap message never displays! Must be everyone collecting multiples....

Will try these fixes and see if it resolves things.

15. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @Shaun are you on triple screen ?
    If yes, I would appreciate your feedback for some other folks having the same issue, messages never display except Slow Down penalties

16. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @axxis278 Yep, on triples. And to start with it worked, but then at some stage it stopped. Have a mate who has changed to triples and its stopped working for him too. Most frustrating....

17. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    ok. We have a championship round tonight, then one of them will be try to delete the hud_options.xml after the race.

18. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    one has tested, and it didn't work, penalty messages are still invisible.
    May be we should open another thread for that issue

19. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Already reported , regarding triples and penalties not showing

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for giving this a try and reporting back your solution. That was what I was suspecting, thanks for confirming. I'll forward your findings to a programmer and they'll look into this, hopefully they can find what caused this and can stop it from happening in the future.

You wouldn't happen to have kept a copy of that faulty hud_options.xml that you could attach so we can analyse it? No big deal if not, just thought I'd ask.