Special Events - 2019 Archive

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Nov 4, 2018.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    From last event I can confirm that there were only racers who wre there to race in a fine gentleman-like manner and also are not overexcited or somehow ruthless, because there is no Motion Seat or a lot of (virtual) Prestige connected to that :)... so mostly typical community racers (also from s3 Forum) who like to come together on an international basis...

2. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies guys but we are guessing, right? It doesn't make much sense to be an incentive to participate. It seems to me more effective to reward people for participation, and for anyone who confirms but bails out at the last minute, ban them from future events. Since there are secondary servers, spots are easily filled up via teamspeak/discord on the fly.

I would much appreciate to have an official response to the entry fee reasoning. Paging @Robert Wiesenmüller ?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The reasons given are from previous posts on this topic. I'd say that an entry fee that keeps idiots away is money well spent. Not sure how much 200vrp is in real money but it's not much. The problem with prizes is that only a select few are good enough to win, the rest of us have no chance. It wouldn't be an incentive to me as I would never win anyway. Perhaps if there were any money left over after server costs etc it could be awarded as random prizes among those who actually finish the race (incentive not to rage quit)

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We have other leagues where there are prizes and you can qualify for the races for free, but there is no chance to host enough servers for all people that do the leaderboard. In that one Mercedes season, over 10.000 people tried... there is just no chance with our current system. I can't host this many servers. But for sure some people really want to do some official events, but don't really have a chance to qualify on a regular basis in the other championships.

So that's why we set an entry fee, which does not hurt so much since it's basically just 2€, but only those will pay it who are really interested in driving the events. So in theory you have a few servers of really committed people. If there is just one server, there is just one. Fine with me, this is just for those who really want to do an official race. And of course... it also covers a part of the costs associated with creating such an event.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thats exactly the thing. I can live with that, cause at our community I have to pay a half years/years fee as well. For that I get profesionally hosted races with Livestream, commentary, stable servers, race control & a helpful community. It also follows the Paydriver concept which is very common in Motorsport :D. Or simply view it as a contribution towards expenses & for all the efforts.
    Well, yes, you could argue that the internet is full of "free stuff" nowadays, actually full of free crap to get you hooked on :)...

6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Invitations have been sent via e-mail!
    Please do not forget that this time, you have to confirm your place on the grid, so that we have even more full servers. So please send me an e-mail reply.

If you want to look at the results but cannot find it: http://game.raceroom.com/championships/29#past_rounds

There are some users who have entered an invalid or old e-mail, so I got a few errors with the invitations. Please check if you got an invitation via mail!
    If not:
    1) Check spam folder
    2) Write an e-mail to competition@raceroom.com, saying that you want to race.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I am still missing quite a few registrations! Please check your mails or spam folder, and write back if you want to participate!

8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I wrote my confirmation directly cause the right spamfolder was hidden and I found your mail just after ! (and wondered cause last time it went directly into the right place) :)...but guess thats okay...

9. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

Did you receive my mail??

10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    @Robert Wiesenmüller hate to bombard you with check my mail....but I did get the initial mail and responded with the confirmation. Is it possible to post a list of the users where invites have been sent?

12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Gridmail has been sent!

@ducman888 I also got your confirmation.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    This will be a delicate race, on Group C we have a bunch of Top drivers and specially at narrow turns we have to be extra careful , due to the sheer power of those beasts (GTO and Group C) and the difference in aerodymamics. And , of course, we should leave enough space for all Carrera drivers out there (will be different to modern Multiclass Races with GT3, GT4 and such) ;)

Good Luck all !

PS: @Robert Wiesenmüller : Got enough confirmations so far ?

14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Live now: The Road America 2h Race with our new classic Group C and Porsche Cup cars!

• Like Like x 1
  15. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Sry , got some hardware issues...simply undriveable. Have fun....

16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    that was rly fun to watch, hope for more in the future (maybe something with group 5 ;))

17. Caryl

Caryl Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Fun to watch, ugly to live. Was in Carrera, kicked out 5 times (yes 5) by upperclasses forcing there way, and 2 of them in straight line....Some drivers have to learn multiclass before ranking in event .Or perhaps they just dont known reading a rule book....

18. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    That was great fun, congratulations to all that finished the race and thanks to @Robert Wiesenmüller for putting it together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. easy_kill_72

easy_kill_72 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    awesome race ! it was a real pleasure to be part of it ! Congrats to all the drivers ! And thank you for the 2nd place in GTO !

• Like Like x 2
  20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1