Solved: Crash: Code 0xC0000005

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MoodyWaters, May 21, 2019.

1. MoodyWaters

MoodyWaters New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I've bought a new desktop and played RaceRoom for several days until today, when I received an error message everytime I started moving my wheel on Single Mode (Crash Error Cx0000005 - file attached). Everything works fine on Time Attack, but on single mode the game crashes as soon as I turn the wheel and press the pedals. I play rF2 and PC2 without any problem on this computer and I've been playing R3R for a year without a single crash. I've tried everything (reinstall game, disconnect all cables, etc). Can you help me?
    My hardware/software specifications are as follow:

Windows 10 Home Edition 64bits (10.0.17763)
    Intel I7-8700 3.2GHz
    Graphic Card - Nvidia GTX 1660Ti 6GB
    RAM: 32GB
    Motherboard: ROG Strix B360-H Gaming
    Wheel: Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
    Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA Pro

Kind Regards,
    Hugo "MoodyWaters" MacHado

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a Windows issue or at least that's where I'd start. What does it report in event viewer?
    It can often be as simple as something is calling something that either no longer exists or is corrupted. With R3e being browser based I'd be looking at that next, then there are drivers causing this and malware/viruses but because it appears as just a R3E problem why not drop the S3 helpdesk your PC spec, your issue and a crash dump file and I'm sure they can help.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. MoodyWaters

MoodyWaters New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Cheers, GooseCreature. I've sent the Crash Dump files generated to the RaceRoom lads via helpdesk. Several people are having the same issue. I don't know what to do. IRacing, rF2 and PC2 work in perfection. My previous desktop had also Win10 and I had no problems whatsoever. My word! Maybe is time to uninstall and forget R3E. Cheers for your help, mate.

4. MoodyWaters

MoodyWaters New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Now it happens even in Time Attack.

5. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    No need to cut ones nose off to spite one's face, no need to uninstall R3E, helpdesk may take a while to get back to you as it's the end of the month, which generally means there is an update imminent. For one this update alone may solve your issues, if not, once the update is running smoothly, someone will have time to take a look (small team). Been here a while and had a few issues myself but I'm afraid this is a new one on me, so have little chance of helping. :( Lets tag Bubbles and see if he can assist, what you got @Christian Göpfert :p

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. MoodyWaters

MoodyWaters New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Cheers, @GooseCreature! I'll try to remove my controler's profile and create a new to see if that settles things for me.

7. MoodyWaters

MoodyWaters New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature, solved, mate! It was the bloody wheel profile that was causing the infamous crash. Everything works now in spectacular fashion. Thanks for you time and help. Ta-ra.

8. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear it chap, generally something you think of last of all. :rolleyes:
    Don't forget to change the thread title to solved. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. MoodyWaters

MoodyWaters New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right you are! Title changed. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1