Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Isn't sms struggling as they stated after the Google announcement, that two of their investors bailed out and the console is more or less on hold?

I assume they are in a financial struggle with their... let's gently call it doubtful marketing and economical approaches.

For me i will never ever buy a pcars again. So many things left undone on pcars 1, making money out of it, just to crowdfund pcars2 again, implementing same bugs and faults and nor even polishing or finishing or bug fixing anything on pcars2 but focussing on pcars3 as they state... except the mandantory cashgrab dlcs.

nah sorry, sms can go to hell. And hopefully they go to bankruptcy even faster.

2. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    You may be right.

The worst is that the netcode wasnt improved. During beta they announced that thery hired 2 new develoeprs to work on the server code. One was from the financial area and they showed screenshots of the new dedi server app that was WIP.

None of that came to release at all and we had yet again, warping cars that if they warped into you your client treated it as contact and you got hit off the track. On their side no contact was made at all. I bet that 90% of public lobbies and the ensuing chaos was because of their terrible syncing issue.

Now dont get me started on their infamous CPU timing glitch. Jesus

3. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I do remember all of it - used to drive with you lots in PCars 2 as "Jimmy Walcott" for a while until I gave up hope on the game :-D

Still have screenshots from a GTE race i guess on Watkins Glen with full starting grid. :)

4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Please, let's keep it civil here. I made this thread to discuss AM2, not to bash other devs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I didnt mean to derail this awesome news about AMS 2

6. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well, only thing they need to do is basically the exact opposite as sms did and AM2 will be brilliant.
    At least it is unlikely to get worse. :)

7. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I have no problem talking about SMS, it's related to this topic, but i want to keep it a bit civil here. That's all.

8. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Agreed.

back OT

AMS went from being a cool sim that made better use of ISI Motors core functionality to being the best indy studio sim by a country mile.

It had full mod support. Alex made an awesome new UI. Neils kept improving the physics and FFB non stop and the DLC was cheap. Its down side was visually it was lacking (understandable) and ofc the cars were mostly fantasy which puts people off, for some strange reason. Reiza with more powerful tools wil be a force to reckon with. They are my CD Projekt Red of the Sim world. Day one/beta - early access, buy for me.

9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    2nd. If you don't like pcars then that is ok but they made a good game. At least I have a great time with pcars. It has its flaws but hey which game does not.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to see more of Automobilista

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    For all its flaws Pcars brought us members to RWB, as did older even more casual racers (Toca2-3, GRID 1-AS). It brought us some great members to our club

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I thought all engines were free, just pay per sales, bit counterintuitive otherwise but then who knows, mad by name mad by nature.
    AMS2, looks ok, sounds ok, my only concern is, if the madness engine is capable of delivering quality FFB & physics, why in the hell did PC 1 & 2 NOT include them, surely with all that money they employed someone capable of delivering them or was it a case of quantity over quality?
    Worth buying just for the Lorries, love banging around in these and at night, in rain can only be more fun.
    Hope it is another EA candidate, much prefer finding out for myself if it's up to scratch at a reasonable outlay, rather than rely on others opinions, paying full price, then finding out it's pants!
    Certainly not going to complain at someone with a decent pedigree having another go at creating their vision, bring 'em on I say. The more the merrier, esports getting backed by big money these days, so demand will grow, competition pushes development, which in turn makes my Sim racing a better experience, absolutely nothing to moan about for one moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    This is a post from Renato himself on the official forum :
    "I’ll say one thing that pretty much applies equally to AI, physics, audio which I think most agree were some of the strongest points of AMS1... Nothing can be ported over like a copy&paste flick of a switch - some fronts will demand a lot of work, others less. At the same time we would not have made the move if it meant starting any of those fronts from scratch. Most things are in good shape already and it will only get better."

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    One CPU core is working very hard on PCars2 and Pcars, I wonder if same will be for AMS2 also, is it something that just is not avoidable with that engine or just issue with how PC uses the engine. With my CPU power I did not see any issues from it though, but 90% one core load with single car on 8086k is bit much I guess.

Same is with AMS and also with Raceroom too, but with Raceroom it starts to happen only when there is more cars.

14. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I definitely think madness engine is the right choice compared to Unreal for example. This engine has every single feature requested by the simracing audience and looks amazing and runs quite good as well. It's an engine I think could suite raceroom also down the line. Even though pcars2 is a kinda divided topic in our community i actually do think some cars and track combos feel really good. Like indycar at long beach, is pretty amazing imo. And with reiza behind the wheel, it can only get better :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You never know, maybe Reiza get the Madness engine for free if, in exchange they sort out the physics and FFB for PC3.
    Winner, winner Chicken dinner!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    lol. what sms couldn't do with a 150 people team Reiza should do it for them with... what.. 10? but maybe Reiza are more enthusiastic and not only thinking about buying their next Ferraris, so this could really work out :-D

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that number of people matters too much what comes to physics, quality of those people matters more.

Graphics etc. there number of people helps to make lot of content in shorter time.

While all cars need tuning in physics etc. actual physics engine is difficult part that requires certain qualities over quantities.

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    something SMS apparently doesn't have but almost every other racing sim developer ;) at least this could explain pcars1 and 2 inconsistencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I dunno, I thought PC1 & PC2 were exceedingly consistent, both utter tosh!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    -pros: graphics in PC2 are good.
    -cons: because of this they had to "simplified" the AI physics (with big grids)
    i hope Reiza will sort this out and we dont get a "new" PC2 with changed tracks/cars and the same problems from PC2...