NLR GTtrack Cockpit ~ my Mini Review

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blanes, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Just upgraded my sim rig cockpit to the new GTtrack by Next Level Racing and been having a blast with it this last week playing AC Competizione as I only just picked it up week ago - it is really good. I had a few races in RRRE of the GT3 cars to compare to ACC but I still cannot seem to dial my AccuForce wheel in properly on RaceRoom since some time back last year. I do plan to try sort that again soon hopefully.

I upgraded from the NLR GT Ultimate2 cockpit which has served me well for the past nearly 4 years and I had the NLR V3 motion hooked up to that rig for past near 2 years. Still loving the V3 motion and it has continued to get even better with continuous software updates to the Platform Manager.

This GTtrack sim racing cockpit is much more rigid and with less flex everywhere compared to the GTU2 and I am finding it feels much better with the motion and my AccuForce DD wheel. The transfer of forces from the wheel and also the motion actually feels much stronger and more direct and the seat is also alot more comfortable for me as I used to be thrown around a bit in the larger fibreglass bucket seat of the GTU2.

Anyway for those interested please check out my short video review and let me know your thoughts, comments, questions or criticisms etc. Cheers ;) mark blanes

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Someone is bound to ask so it might as well be me.....what's going on with the cushion in front of the pedals?!?

3. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I know it looks odd but is just a memory foam pillow for comfort as my right leg has been broken in several places long ago.

4. Ron Kramer

Ron Kramer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WTF? I think you just explained a lot to me. I was so confused buying the cockpit. I assumed "ULTIMATE" meant - the best - ultimate... so I ordered it. I am quick disapointed. Then I started seeing setups and unboxing of what I thought was the standard basic setup that looked SO MUCH BETTER IN DESIGN. You said in your video that you had the Ultimate and updated/upgraded. I'm really ticked off by NLR's marketing. I had no idea of the differences and since I like to buy the best went to what they market as "ULTIMATE" setup. The FELT material chair and lack of adjustment rails really sucks when I see your setup. I had no idea this was the UPGRADE and thought it was the cheaper setup = (

5. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    So you purchased the GTUltimate2 cockpit ? That is a totally different design but is still a great cockpit with lots of adjustability and the lower price and modular design makes it a better choice for some.

The GTtrack was only released couple of months ago. It is more rigid and better platform for Direct Drive wheels. There is alot of information and images on the Next Level website of all the different cockpits they sell plus many reviews of both on Youtube.

If you chose one because it had "Ultimate" in the name then unfortunately it appears that you simply did not research fully what you were buying. But you still have a really good sim racing cockpit.