Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Good for you. I am back to day one, hour one. Seems I was on the wrong track.

It seems I just were a lucky victim of unknown coincidence and celebrated too early. All over the day I could play well, then I switched off and went into the kitchen. Now, in the later hours of the evening, I reboot the rig, launch the sim: and the menu lags again and stutters, and ingame stutters as well like before the driver "fix".

All the time playing single player, not multiplayer. But the only thing that has changed, is time of day, and thus: assumed server activity. Could it be that somehow even single player activity gets a performance hit when online and server activity of community is assumed to be high and putting pressure on the web infrastructure there? Its the only variable I could think of that has changed. Windows has not changed over the day, since I have banned and supressed automatic windows update and allow it only every 2-3 months, and never downloading the latest catstrophies released by Microsoft, but always with a delay of 2-3 months only.

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I was "bold" enough to pick the Porsche... on Brands Hatch.. westfield and sheene were.... interesting :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think these numbers are quite remarkable. Takes third place among the pertinent sims, F1 2018 and AC ahead, followed by PC2 (wouldn't have believed this).
    Considering AC having its second spring with Shaders Patch and Sol, ACC is doing just fine shortly after its release.

4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Today i go in the GFX Settings in the game on this values:

Image Contrast: 0,35
    Exposure gain: 0,30

Gave me a lot of better picture. MUCH better in my eyes (always speeking with the eyes of a rift user).

5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Aber Hallo!

@Skybird: wow...what a mess. Hope it will sort out for you quickly

Sound is the best what my ears ever heard on a computer "game". Closing my eyes i be teleported back in the days when i was in the pitlane for myself. Just the smell is missing.

Put on your headphones and increase the volume:
    This Nissan at 1:00 leaving the pits is remarkable

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Eisprinzessin, That was awesome!

I didn't run the Reiter because I am stuck at the start of the career. I kept placing dead last and unable to continue in the very first Lamborghini trial. My knowledge of Monza needed work, and I had to get the hang of the Super Trofeo. So I spent the last hour or so, learning how to really drive Monza. The line in the sand for me was to consistently hit in the 1:56's. By my 5th session, I was in the low 1:57's with a couple of high1:56's. I'm going to take a break, and try again later.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Reiter produces the SaReNi Camaro GT3 as well. 2010 the Reiter Gallardo won the GT Masters.

A nice onboard take from 2007. Reader Gallardo VLN.

Some (many) years ago we got one (i think it was a Reiter) Murc for testing. Was great :)
    My buddy Norman Simon drove it.

If someone is interessted:
    I made a couple of laps yesterday with tha Gallardo on the Hungaroring. I put the setup here as an rar attachement

Was doing an 1:46.710

Would be nice to know, what you guys think about this setup. Much apreciated to get tipps for improving it.

And for sure i would love to know which times you guys drive...

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    One thing I really miss is mr_Belowski jelling in my ear that I’m last lol..
    I really miss crew chief.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. But they are looking on it.

And Kunis is working on a crew chief thing as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Let’s hope... I’m spoiled by mr_Belowski. Without him I don’t like racing anymore.
    Strange how something like Crew Chief entered your life and became a part of it.

11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely

12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Stuttering solved again. :)

At Kunos forums, a guy linked to an edited ini-file whcih I tried. It solved the issue I had. I moved back in the olf factory file, and stuttering was there again. Moving back the edited file, stuttering was gone.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/805550/discussions/0/1649918058731551070/

Don'T know why the stable sttus I had all by itself chnaged to stuttering yesterrday, I had not touched this file nor had I chnaged ingame gfx settings: if it aint broken, dont topuch it, is my motto.

If this ini-edit has been mentioned here as well by somebody, sorry for having jumped it.

13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Agree, tho I fear an irl-edition.
    Come on Stefan, you messed it up, no beer in the fridge!

14. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    If you want to see what your card does frame rate wise at stock you can force the card into debug mode which runs at stock via the nvidia control panel ( that is is you have an nvidia card) This is helpful if you play older DX 9 games that dont like certain branded cards factory OC ( Star Wars The Old Republic for example) and cause time out/driver stopped responding and has recovered type crashes.

[​IMG]

15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - the Murcielago GT1 was from Reiter Engineering, too... great car...
    And in addition - the KTM X-Bow GT4 is a development from Reiter, too.

In your video the Oculus Rift S is mentioned. Do you have that one, now? Would be an important info, as it uses a different Display-Techology compared to the Rift CV1.
    And if you have that Rift S - how is it compared to the Rift CV1?

16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0

17. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Buy it. Its another league.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Somebody disagrees with Eisprinzessin.
    https://variety.com/2019/digital/fe...tures-an-oculus-rift-2-would-need-1203177271/
    Rift S is not a Rift 2, just a mild improvement of existing model and technology. Whether that already is worth your money or not, only you can decide.

I got my Rift 18 months ago, and I plan to not get a new - expensive! - VR headset any time soon. Before I consider that, the technological advance must be quite significant. The displays must get much better - while not killing my hardware specs which are that of a PC also just 20 months old, and quite strong. I could afford it, but I know that a price is a price - and I doubt that it is worth the price to ride every single new wave just because it arrives. Every fourth of fifth wave must do, to stick to the metaphor.

I further read that the old Rift has better display of black areas due to its OLED display, while the new one uses LED, allowing to reduce visibility of individual pixel limits and offering better conttrast and slightly higher resolution: so, you get some and you lose some in this department. If you race a lot at vortual night races, and pla ygames that are dark, you might be better off with the old Rift: OLED offers better black coklopur ion images than LED. Finally, the new Rift S has inferior headspeakers wioth described weak bass, I read, the old Rift used better ones.

If Facebooks manager for VR and AR publicly says that he sees no real need for users of the old Rift to upgrade to the new model, then this should tell you something.

19. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    i would buy it over my old rift if it wasnt for shit audio and no hardware ipd adjustment :(

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I forgot: the Rift S also uses slightly reduced framerates. The fixed IPD (distance between pupils) should be adressable via software, the fresnell lenses are said to be slightly better in the new model and offer a slightly bigger sweet spot, but I want to see it. I have my Rift set at 70mm, while the Rift S fixes it at 63.5 mm. That is a real difference. In the old Rift, my vision slightly worstens if I reduce the IPD to 63 mm.

No, I dont think I must worry about the Rift S. I mean it costs real moneya, over 400 coins. As I see it, its interesting only for people who buy newly into the VR gaming. The Rift S replaces the old Rift for completely new customers only.