Vote player kick option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XXVI Sol, May 28, 2019.

1. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Player kick by server admin is a usefull addition but many online servers are not included, cause the admin is not there.Kick by admin I guess works for organized events,clubs and such,but how about the more casual servers
    For those ready to unleash the 'join a club' cliche,I dont want that, I like to fire the game whenever I feel like it and have a clean race,I'm quite sure I'm not alone.
    How about the classic vote to kick option,from old simbin titles, where with 3 votes one can be kicked from the server and maybe not allowed to enter one for 15-20 minutes?
    Voting can also be used to proceed to next phase

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    hated this , because in relity it didnt work that well , you get a few idiots teaming up and all hell breaks loose , voting no , or voting against a fast driver .... so many good races ruined by this system in race 07

Andi

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Agree with Andi. Regardless of genre, a vote option is routinely abused by people to get rid of better players, as well as the idiots. So yeah, the best option for clean racing is an organised event with present admin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    yup,clean races for part of the playerbase is how raceroom is right now and this is what sould be fixed.
    Maybe vote kick is not a solution on its own but could be an option along with ghosting rammers, a points system or sth else.Also a demolition derby is not a good first impression for a free to play game that aims to reel in new players.

5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    If there was a system that could record driving behaviors (similar to iRacing) it would be a good thing for serious racers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see an incident limit. Raceroom already detects incidents so it it would be nice for the Admins to set an incident limit for races.