Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I really don't consider to buy the new rift s but it is interesting to hear some first-hand experinces with it. The biggest problem I have with the CV1 is locating and identifing objects in a bigger distance caused by the screen-door-effect. In racing-games it's quite ok, as you see that something is there and the time to react is big enough. But in flight-sims it is a different story.

I feel that the Rift S is a good step in the right direction but IMO has some flaws, especially on the sound-side. I will not comment on the 80hz, as I have no experience with that. The Pimax was using the refreshrate long time before and it seems to work well.
    But what effect has that on ASW? Is ASW running on 40frames than?

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What's the FOV with the Rift S? Quite limits the immersion in the Rift.

3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Some are not in my opinion if i say, RRR is not a sim. I dont care ;-)

For me countable and important advantages to the CV1:

- picture quality. As i took her the first time on my head i was like "wow". the scripture was so much clearer...

- no sensors. As my rift playground is mainly in fron of my pc and my racing rig is located on the other end of the room, you gan imagine what a mess it was every time i switched from Riftplaying to racing. No i have only to go there, take a seat and drive.

- 90 or 80 Hz i dont care. did not notice any difference

- black? In death did not show me a big difference and while racing as well

- wearing confort is noticeable better

For me, i am glad i bought the Rift S. Dont wanna miss her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I’m sold as well but did not bought it. I’m in doubt. Buy the Rift S, even it is not a big step up from the Original Rift, or wait a year or perhaps two years and buy a real 2nd generation VR set.
    Does it tracks ok when you’re sitting that close to a screen? I have a triple setup and my eye distance to the screen is 65cm.

5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Tracks without any issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A beta of a patch aiming mostly at MP stability issues is in the wild. Since yesterday, feedback by players suggest that MP stability has greatly improved. Many other, SP- related issues got adressed, too, but focus is on MP staiblity for the time being.

You must enable beta downloads in Steam settings to get it. Personally, dont ask me, MP is not my thing and so i opted to stay out of the beta tests.

An even greater patch is under preparation.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20190602_143424.jpg
    I found a very big problem... coming from raceroom I was very happy to race at brands hatch... suddenly the track is broken.... it wants me to turn left at this point, I'm very anxious to do that...... gonna uninstall now :(

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  8. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that too. Unbelievable! They claimed they laser scanned all tracks but ended up using such a strange fanatasy layout. What was they even thinking!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    They made an old, outdated version of the track.

What a fail by Kunos

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys, I have created a workaround for this problem! (took me a lot of time to figure this out, it works for now!)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Could someone please provide the settings for driving with 90 FPS on a I7 9800k in 5 ghz and a 2080, driving in a Rift?

I'm going crazy with 36 FPS in Low graphics on Nürburgring in the night when it rains.

It came back to 45 FPS soon but hell... This is a big problem since driving in ASW isn't really competitive.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    :D Good one!

Serious, I assume nobody gets that. But you should not see your frames drop below the catch by ASW, 45 that is.
    I do thunderstorm, night, 29 cars, Spa, with default high settings with frames between 70 and 45. 90 I get on maxed graophcis but only in lonely practive or trackday setups with reduced carfields, and no heavy thudnerstorm. Check your nVidia card settings. If you meant your above post serious, you probably also have some card settings at - hm, unreasonable values...?!

I avoid doing such extreme race conditions, however. My CPU temps then become dangerously high, since I have a solid, but no extraordinary cooling installed.

And finally, I have repeatedly read by now that the 2080 cards perform not optimal - and often slightly inferior to a good 1080.

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    There has to be issues with these cards, like you said the reports on performance are shite..:confused:

14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^How did he manage to rearrange the apps on screen? I can only increase and decrease the layer size where they are, and zoom in and out, but I cannot change the locations.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

I was wondering how ACC would manage the sound of the Porsche, so I have made a back to back comparison. Quite different :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Looks like it is some CPU bound and not all threads/cores are used? That would explain my problems with this title here.

19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this one.

I hope there are not 2 opinions who is the winner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a big fan of GT3 cars, but on Saturday I discovered that this game also features a 911 GT3 Cup, that's a car I love in R3E and AC, and the ACC's one is very good. :)

A replay of my best lap under medium rain (video quality around low/medium).

• Like Like x 2