Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfie57

Alfie57 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks…. expected the icon on the same spot..

2. Alfie57

Alfie57 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a 21:9 screen. Going to the far most left of the screen makes the icon appear but when i am going towards the icon its disappears again. So i have to click on the spot where i think the icon is placed… it works but it would be great if the icon would remain visible for a few seconds… thanks anyway… Maybe in a future update, for now I can work with it...

• Like Like x 1
  3. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A friend told me too that on bigger or triple screen setups the icon is a "guessing" thing.
    I will have a look at it, maybe a global timer on Mouse movement would be the best option.
    Moving the Mouse anywhere will show the icon and it will hide 3 seconds after no Mouse movement?

Moo,
    Otter

4. Alfie57

Alfie57 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Would be perfekt…. thanks in advance;)

5. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I just want to check something:

Does the HUD only load when the session has officially started?

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The HUD loads whenever you are in your car. Session doesn't matter, though the function and availability of certain widgets is session-dependent.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.09
    See changelog on the bottom of the first post for more information

One thing to clarify for the "Show all Widgets" Mode:
    If you already done with your settings and your Happy, it is SAFE to enable the Mode again.
    The Position/Size and the Sub-Settings of all the Widgets are not reverted to default values, they will stay the same.
    Only the Widgets in general are enabled in this Mode to show them off.
    You only have to disable the Widgets you dont want to use before you disbale the "Show all Widgets" mode.

@Alfie57 can you report back to me if the Icons are working correct now for you on the widescreen? Thanks :)

Moo,
    Otter

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  8. Alfie57

Alfie57 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It's working great now !!! Have tested the icons in full screen and borderless windowed (Simvibe). Good to make note when you run borderless windowed make sure you place your mouse on the very top of your screen to make the icons disappear. In full screen the icons behave normal. Great Job... Thanks I wish I could use this in all my sims.

9. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for report and good to hear it is working as intended now for you too :)

Moo,
    Otter

10. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to have fuel last lap, which is on top of the fuel left gage to have an extra decimal place to be more accurate?
    x.xx

11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Possible? Sure!
    Useful? hmm well...

1. This is not Fuel for last lap it is the average Fuel per lap, in the current drive. If you Hit Escape in SP or go PIT the data is lost and it resets to default again.
    2. As you can't refuel 0.01 or even 0.1 l of fuel i dont get the point really.

I will work on a new Fuel Widget anyway in the next couple of Days, to show some more detail info.
    Something like i did for my SimHub Dash already
    [​IMG]
    Not sure yet when i have the time for it, Reallife first ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. unrealnoise

unrealnoise New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I like this "plugin" and HUD. This is one of the best design and the functional is very good too.

But I'm missing some things which is important for me.

I would like to see more information about the race in new custom "black box", or I like to see we can changes the fields of the box like as iRacing.

I would like to see all lastest and fasterst lap times of the drivers. I would like to move up and down in these list. I would like to see who what kind of tire use at moment. Not just me, all AI (and drivers) too! Thinking about tyre type and the drivers who how many laps used them.

I want to we can see "how" run we can constant (or inconsistent) times in the race. I want to see list of my lap times, maybe we can use these with different color, example the fastest times is purple, the slower is white and the slowest times are orange...

13. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I'm not planning of recreating the iRacing Blackbox here, way too much effort and lack of possibilitys to do so

This would need to store all data in Arrays for each driver, which would explode the memory usage and the performance of a javascript/react based system, sorry.

Possible but as we have such a minimal amount of Classes which can use more then 1 tire type, it is not worth the effort at the moment.

Again array based storing of data = overkill

This is a HUD not a Dataminer / Analyzer.
    There are plenty of good options available here in the Forums such as Second Monitor which u can use for this kinda stuff.
    Or use Crew Chief, which you can even talk to, to get these kinda informations!

I'm sorry to disappoint but this is and will stay a HUD, not a Race Monitor ;)

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    No worries m8, his nick "unrealnoise" says it all :)
    (Danke für die Überarbeitung, genauso mag ichs : Immer noch schlank, rank und minimalistisch, mehr braucht man eigentlich nicht - prima , dass man den Pitlimiter deutlich sieht, speziell für die Klassiker)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I've been working on a new standings tower for @Georg Ortner - when its done, I might pass it over to you @OtterNas3 if you want to include it as an extra widget.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If all you are seeing is average 2.1 you dont know if that is 2.10 or 2.19 per lap - Over say a 40 lap race, that could be a difference of 3.6 ltrs, not a lot i know but why carry around 3 ltrs more every lap for 40 laps than you need to ;) the extra digit would really help me to be more precise with my fueling

17. Duke

Duke New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic HUD Otter, keep up the great work.

Just want to check if I'm the only one not being able to move the P2P/DRS widget?
    No matter how I try it will not move from its default position of the centre bottom of the middle screen (on triples).

Also is there a possibility to have the option to map a button to the show/hide the HUD rather than using the mouse icon?
    Sorry if this has already been asked / answered.

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Only if it's been introduced as a bug in later versions. I moved mine fine when I first started using this HUD. Haven't tried since though.

19. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sooner or later there has to be another Page in the settings i guess, sure could do that.
    But i'm wondering how you would implement changeable Logo picture and such as this is not a local file based thing?
    Maybe a webpage adress would work, or you need to implement all the logos he would like to use and that would make the Widget more of a personal thing then. We'll see ^^

It is a rounded number, so it will show 2.6 for 2.550 or higher and 2.5 for 2.549 or lower.
    I know a digit more sounds good and i would like to have it too maybe, but it would make the widget wider.
    Imagine on Norschleife where you have 10.x + Liters a lap, in 13.5 as example it makes it wider already, another digit would make it even worse.
    I will try it and see how bad it looks ok?
    When i make the more detailed version i'm sure i could make it with .xx no problem.

Will have a look at it, maybe a typo from the implementation of the Show all Widgets mode. If so, sorry will fix it in the next version

Good question!
    Sure i could add a Keylistener to the toggle, but would need to pick a Global Keyboard button, as I'm not sure if i could implement a Keybinding process.
    My knowledge on Java-/Typescript, Node, React, is still basic and would need to research how to implement a Keybinding process which maybe even include Joystick buttons.
    I had that in mind already but was afraid of the Brain damage this includes for now o_O
    On spare time i will have a look if it is possible for me, no promises ^^

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, not really sure yet. Either just an input box for a URL, or instead of pointing the steam startup param towards a github repo, someone could download the files hosted there and point the startup param at the .png file in the local folder instead. Then they can just change the logo inside the `files` directory easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.