Simracing news outlets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by J-F Chardon, Jun 4, 2019.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

I was wondering where you guys go for simracing news.

Are you visiting news-posting websites like bsimracing, or are you shifting towards just following streamers and video content? Podcasts? Are you just looking at the simracing subreddit maybe? Hell, maybe you're still reading paper magazines?

I'd be interested to get an idea of what's the preferred source of news. With links :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    racedepartment and each games forum, their youtube, twitter (so indirectly what they follow as well to some extent) and fb pages

subbed few youtubers, but i mostly watch them when they preview stuff, im not rly interested in watching them race regular content

3. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I follow, Sector 3 forum, the post of Raceroom itself and if it is by chance an interview on racedepartement, then I will read it there, but I would much rather follow the forum of sector 3 as I have no time and desire for the complete search the internet for info

but that's my thought ;);)

4. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    S3-Forum, Racedepartment, your Discord in case you let some teasers slip there, motorsport-total.com and https://old.reddit.com/r/games for the usual announcements, since no "gaming website" has a good news ticker anymore.

5. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much the same for me.

6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Race Department daily news and headlines, Sector 3 forum, Kunos forum, Chris Haye videos, Empty Box videos.

Never no Facebook, Twitter, Discord and so forth, its all not my thing.

Rarely I even have a quick glance at Steam forums, but usually I stay away there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    bsimracing, gtplanet, racedepartment, game forums. And youtube of course

8. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    S3 forum, twitter and youtube (SimRacing604, Chris haye, Billy Strange Racing, Jardier, RaceRoom)

9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    RaceDepartment, developer forums (S3, Kunos, S397, Reiza), YouTube and sometimes Twitter

( Oh, and I have Discord and joined multiple servers, but it's just too much for me, I don't have the time and will to keep up with everything there.:D )

10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 forum and other official dev forums, RaceDepartment, bsimracing, a few YT channels like GamerMuscleVideos, Jimmy Broadbent and Billy Strange Racing.

11. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    S3 forum and Discord, RaceDepartment, YT channels usually reviews and Beyond the sim on simpit.

12. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    S3Forum, Kunos Forum and YT

13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes I read interviews from Racedepartment, but I am completely out of the loop. After Original race sim central collapsed, I haven't followed much of sim racing news actively.

14. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
  15. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Like the patch notes for the current patch? :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I highly recommend this forum for Sector 3 News. Not Discord.
    Here are so many users registered, good discussions and ideas. I feel a bit left behind here.

For me very important is S3 Forum and www.virtual-racing.org and some Youtube Streams like Dookie from abgefahren!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Protazy

Protazy Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Since I fell in love with r3e this forum, Racedepartment on the second place. No social media for me

• Like Like x 1
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Here!
    Yet Discord and Georg's streams appear to be the swiftest route to news, if a little opaque.
    I bet the the most popular item to view on this site, is the green banner saying you've gone into maintenance, if you want to push news, I'd recommend having a flashing red banner incorporating a link to the relevant information, every site and streamer of interest will link to it and check back regularly, just like the rest of us would.
    I too use RD for news but they appear to be in deep with ACC and preference modding (which is where their roots lie) as a rule but appear to cover most Motorsport news. Would be a guess but after RD I'd imagine the main streaming candidates would covet the largest constant communities and word of mouth is the best form of advertising, although everyone has their favourite and Sim racing is so subjective, trying to get an AC fan say too many good things about another Sim, often lacks the enthusiasm of a release from their preferred title. I must admit after trying the trawling the net for news avenue, I tend to go straight to the horse's mouth, rather than wander aimlessly.
    A random picture or quote dropped in casually on a random Sim website can always cause a stir but requires follow on leaks else the furor dies as fast as it started. I bet if a pic and headline reporting GT3 is to be released at the end of June, it would spread like wildfire, we're a small community with very little news to talk about, so if it's worth hearing, we will all know about it PDQ.;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bauer

Bauer Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    YT, S3 Forums, Racedepartment and Discord Community

20. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Discords seem a good hub.