Opinions wanted about RRE physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbfan, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    So the ADAC Masters 2018 cars also will still be revised? Or are they the latest spec?

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    All the GT3 cars are on the same physics I believe. @Alex Hodgkinson Am I correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    While im not alex i can confirm theyre on the same physics :D

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yes, as far as we're concerned for chassis rules ADAC = GT3, we use the same physics set.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I drove the Formula RaceRoom Junior recently and I think that car is a great showcase for the recent RR physics developments.

Because if I'm honest, when the car got released, it was a massive letdown for me. I'm a huge single seater fan and I was really looking forward to driving a twitchy Formula Ford-type racer, but the initial version was nothing like that, it was so planted like it had invisible wings attached to it.

But now, it feels much more believable, it slides around as you would expect from that type of car and I even spun multiple times giving the wrong steering input over a bump and so on. I think the general feeling got closer to how AC feels to drive.

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well the question is is this a motorsports sim or a racing sim? If its the latter (which i believe to be the majoritys choice) then its mainly about the driving aspect. Sure setups are a part of it but im glad there arent thousands of setup options in r3e so i can actually drive as well. If i had an engineer like you often would in real life that might be different but until then im more than happy with the amount of options already there :D
    And regarding the same ranges im surprised to hear that because i dont really feel like thats the case

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    That's simply not true :confused:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I think it's better to just ignore him, he has a pretty negative attitude towards this game lately ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Feels like S3 have kinda shot themselves in the foot, large variety of tracks and vast quantity of cars, great for us but not so great when it comes to updating tyre models, suspension physics, damage model or creating dynamic tracks. With such a huge catalogue of content, each tweek becomes a mammoth task to implement let alone test. I believe many a studio would just release new content incorporating any new development and let the older content wither and die. If @Alex Hodgkinson and team revive the older cars to the level of the GT2's updated recently, then we're all in for a treat. As a long term user of RR, (Jan 2013) Myself and a few other regulars on this forum have been moderately vocal, on the odd occasion, with regards to the benefits (or lack thereof) of being a long term supporter financially, won't go into it again but before the arrival of packs, everything was individually purchased or bought as an experience, not cheap and if you make the mistake of buying through Steam (a lot have, me included) then it becomes a very expensive Sim, I'm in for 300-400 squid. :eek:
    All that said, I see no better way of softening the financial hurt than by keeping the content already owned as fresh and as driveable as the latest release. Throw in a raft of new features, with many more promised and all I can say is I will officially refrain from requesting anything other than what I've already got, worth every bloody penny.
    The couple hours pleasure I got driving the FR90 V8 last night, was to say the least, exhilarating. Finding the limit is a quite marvelous experience, regardless of some of the above comments the FFB is bang on point, using my trusty TM TX300. Ended off with a couple online races, although both involved more spins than a Laundrette, no matter at the front or back the racing was mighty involving, not sure my constitution could take a 70+ lap race but boy, what a car, still have the other 2 to try but that V8 is soooooo sweet.
    Fair shout @Alex Hodgkinson , @Anthony Monteil and team they look, sound and drive majestically, totally smitten! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Lately!!!! :rolleyes:
    Bless our Princess, harped on so much about how ACC is gonna do this that and the other that the poor sod feels he has to play it now! :D:D:D have 3 laughing peas to put under your mattress you old misog! :p

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, ashes on my main. I have to admit, that i only play with the GT3 cars mainly and very seldom with the TCR. And there i did not see (or even remember) big differences in the setup possibilities.

You always feel free to do so. But if there is no critism (if it is one at least) allowed than i dont know why there is a forum. I always thought it is good to here the opinions from the market. Or are only positive feedbacks desired?

As i quoted before: Raceroom is a great game to have superficial fun. If you wanna go deep, than i think its not the right game.
    TCR is great...nowhere you have the possibility to drive them.

For the 90s i have to say i didnt buy them. With different car models, Cockpits, original engines and fitting Tracks a instabuy...but so its just a phantasy-racing game. And absolutely ok. Not for me, but for others. I dont care much, but here was a question asked and i answered it in my point of view. Sorry if it doesnt fit you opinion, Gladstone and Rocco :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You reserve the right to voice your own (more or less informed, see above) opinion but disqualify dissenting opinions regularly, which makes it kinda pointless to even try and discuss with you. Some people apparently don't like that and they have just as much right to voice that opinion.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure, sure :)

But if you read correctly, i only "hoped" that there will no second opinion.

And: I have not denied to voice there opinion, rather to ignore me if they dont wanna read mine. Thats a difference. ;-)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  14. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much this.
    Very happy with the content thus far, and personally I'd much rather see the old stuff updated than new stuff released.
    Granted, I can think of 4-5 tracks I'd like to see added, but car-wise I'm happy enough with what we got.
    So right now I'm just waiting for the Touring Classics, DTM92s and Group 5s to be updated, and then I'll be set for a good long while.

Not a big fan of the FR90s though.
    Nothing to do with the cars as such, they're up to the usual high standards of S3.
    They're just not my cup of tepid, brownish liquid.
    Not a big fan of open-wheelers, nor high-powered cars so these things are about as far away from my comfort-zone as we can possibly get. :D

15. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I can't leave this unanswered.
    That opinion is based on what?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Puh, hard to explain in english :)

I think we all have fun with Raceroom. Its a quiet good game to have some fast racing action with friends or even alone (the AI is very very good), but if you wanna go deeper in the matter of racing (with everything what belongs to it), its not the best choice, because there are many features missing (in the state of NOW), which are inho esential for a proper simulation (!)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    To me the main difference in "sim" factor compared to say AC is imo lack of built-in telemetry/ui that aids on setups. But given I am not a fan for doing setups (real world has engineers for good reasons), I can live with it, but I would rate that as clearly something missing as a default experience (apps don't count).

AC feels sometimes a bit annoying (curb of death) but I can't judge the realism.
    Overall I like R3E and AMS as overall packages but play recently AC more because of SRS having fuller servers for it.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Case in point.
    Sure, sure, of course that's what you were implying, no doubt about that.
    And: I never said you did, but I'm sure a correctly reading person such as yourself is well aware of that.

Everyone disagreeing with you is stupid or a fanboy or a liar (or can't read correctly), great attitude.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Oh wow somebody really did their homework here :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, I for one try to only make claims that are founded on facts. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1