Discontinued Zeroforce Racing HUD - Last beta version 0.9.9 released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Jens W. Fiedler, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Jens W. Fiedler

Jens W. Fiedler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Janos Modos : Thanks for the report. I'll fix it. Next version is sheduled for the Weekend. Good news for you: nearly every Single whish you had will be included in the next version.

1. Wheel Range indicator was added.

2. You can now disable the lap progression. I dind't separated the two widgets. But I think enabling/disabling lap progression fits your needs.

3. The values from iracing relatives made it into my standings widget. You can now see who's in your class and who's not. You can see who's lapping you and who's a lap down. Also included class standings and last lap time for each car. I'm only struggling with the relatives on track atm. R3e doesn't give me such a value. So I habe to calculate it by my self.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Janos Modos

Janos Modos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot!
    You working hard on this app and I think some people want to support you :) Do you have patreon, or something?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi Janos. Not at the moment. I focus on releasing the next version and afterwards I´ll work on the homepage for the tool. I think I can add something like patreon to the Homepage. Thanks for the hint :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jens !

First of all i really like that HUD and im using it all the time.Great job man !

Questions:
    1. Are there any plan to seperate the display of Tires and Fuel from each other ?
    2. Can you modify more colors in the future ? (limiter and rpm's for example)

5. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I use crew chief while running R3E. Anywhy, when the tires in the app become green chrew chief mentions that I have cold tires. Crew chief considers 61 cold, the overlay apps shows it as warm. Not sure if anyone else may have noticed

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  6. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Rmbonk86: yes this is a known issue. It will be fixed in the next version.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @maxx2504: i'm not planing to seperate tires and fiel from each other. But in the next version there will be a feature to configure each widget. Maybe I will add an option to seperate them in the Future.

In the next version there will be primary and secondary basic colors. These colors also take effect on the limert and so on. Maybe this helps

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ok wasn’t sure. Good work btw

9. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
  10. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    any update?

excited waiting for the next version :)

11. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Finished the next version yesterday. I will release it the next days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. LB-Sérgio

LB-Sérgio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    coming here almost all day searching that update :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

13. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Sorry mate. I'm a bit busy at the moment. I will upload a new Video at YouTube this evening. It's a preview to all the new features. At 8pm this evening I will stream the DTM league race (VRTM) in my channel so that you can have a further look on the new version. Hoppefully I manage to publish the new version till friday.

I will post the link to the video and the stream later

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

here´s the link to the live stream with zeroforce HUD Version 0.99 starting in 15 minutes:

After the race I will post a complete list of the new features and fixes with a Video to show you some of the new stuff.

Thanks and enjoy

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I had massive problems with OBS yesterday. Framedrops ingame and stuttering stream made it not possible to stream the whole race. But the videos I made later where not even better. Many clitches and poor quality.

In cause of the fact that I have some busy weeks I decided to publish a new version today so that you dont have to wait any longer. It will be the last beta version and the only difference between this version and the final release is the help content. There is a new help section with important info about installing and using the tool and a detailed description of each widget. In the beta version 0.99 this help section isn't completly finished.

I will post a complete feature list this evening and let you know when the new version is available on our server.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Version Beta 0.9.9 is released and can be downloaded from our Server:

www.zeroforce-racing.de

New Widgets:
    1. Car Data
    - visual tire lock
    - visual tire spin
    - visual tire dirt
    - Water temperature / oil temperature / turbo pressure / fuel pressure / total mass / tire type
    - G-Force Radar
    cardata.png

2. Info Panel
    - Information about pit window
    - Information about penalties and reasons
    InfoPanel.png

New Features:
    1. Support of Windows 7. The HUD is switching the game into window mode. This can cause some issues with the performance. There is no direct3D rendering of the HUD at the moment so this is the only way run on Windows 7.
    2. Added help to configuration menu
    3. Multi class support for the Standings Widget. You can now see the class of each car, the position in it´s class, if it´s a lap in front or behind and the last lap time for each car
      Standings.png
    4. Added indication if someone is lapping you to the radar. This shows you every car on the track relative to your position. Starts if a car is 100m or less behind or in front of you
      Radar.png
    5. Configuration of Widgets. click on the Icon of a Widget in the configuration menu and you can adjust the widget for your needs. I started with the lap delta widget. More settings will be added in the future. Feel free to comment with some wishes.
      settings.png
    6. Steeringwheel angle
      Tacho.png
    7. Adjustment of the polling rate. You can now increase or decrease the polling rate in millisecons by yourself (min 1ms / max 250ms). This means that you can adjust the duration that the HUD is waiting till it´s aks the game for an update of data. This has an massive Impact on the cpu load. Values from my testing device:
      1ms = avg. 23% cpu load
      20ms = avg. 13% cpu load
      100ms = avg. 4% cpu load

Improvements:
    - Better contrast for some texts in configuration menu.
    - Frame for widgets in scale / move mode. This helps you placing the widgets
    - Update of Ui only in case of data cahnge from API. Improvement to Performance

Fixed bugs:
    - Some issues with colors are fixed
    - Remaining Laps / Lap count can now be disabled
    - Reset defaults now affects all colors
    - Data is now reseted if you are restarting a single player session
    - Lap count now completly visible after ten and more laps
    - Colors of tire and brake temperatures are now fitting the range deliverd by the API
    - Colors of DRS are now correct
    - DRS is now showing infinite in traninig instead of a large number
    - Mouseclick on the HUD doesn´t cause switching to desktop anymore
    - All values are now reseted between sessions
    - HUD is now invisible after session is finished in single Player
    - Fixed Bugs that where reported by log files that some People sended to me

The only differences to the final release version 1.0.0:
    - help has to be finished
    - Colors of class will be added to the Radar

Enjoy and feel free to give some feedback. I want to thank everyone of you for this great support and the amazing feedback, ideas and issues you reported here. There are many people who gave me some great hints for features. I will personally thank everyone seperatly in another post.

Thanks and regards

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  17. Schlupi

Schlupi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Unbenannt.JPG

Hallo, habe da ein Problem. Spiele im Surround Modus und kann die neue Version nicht positionieren. siehe bild
    Des weiteren würde ich gern die Möglichkeit haben denn Spotter auf denn alten nervigen Piep Ton stellen zu können. Ich finde denn super weil ich ich die ganze Zeit höre ob jemand rechts oder links ist anlein schon daran auf welcher seide vom Kopfhörer es piept.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  18. John Addison

John Addison New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Really nice work, thank you. Does it only work with RR ?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @John Addison: Yes, it´s only working in raceroom. I´m playing iracing, pcars and ACC too, but the all have some good ingame HUDs. Raceroom is far away from that so I decided to bring the best of all the HUDs I know to Raceroom. Maybee I will bring it to other games in the future. But first I will support VR.

20. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Schlupi: Kannst du mir mal deine genauen Settings der Monitore und der Graphic Settings aus R3E ? Das sieht sehr merkwürdig aus auf dem Screenshot. Normalerweise ist das HUD Vollbild bei egal welcher Auflösung. In deinem Fall scheint das HUD die korrekte Auflösung aber nicht zu erkennen.

Zu den Sounds: Wenn es dir hilft, findest du im Installationsverzeichnis im Ordner Sounds ein paar .wav Files die für die entsprechenden Sounds sorgen. Wenn du gerne andere Sounds hättest, kannst du die Dateien einfach mit deinen Sounds ersetzen.