Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    ACC doesn't expose enough data for CrewChief to work. Afaik they basically use the same structure as the original Assetto Corsa, which is fairly limited (i.e. it doesn't contain any information about opponents you're driving againts.). In the original assetto corsa you could work around this, by writing your own pythton plugin fo the sim, which made more data available.

As ACC doesn't support custom plugins, this approach will not work. Until Kunos provide a decent API, no app that requires anything more than the player cars stats, will work.

Kunos is also, afaik, the only developer, that doesn't have any kind of API documentation available on their forums.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks for this info!

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    From what I've seen of acc so far, writing a decent API for 3rd party apps would be way down the priority list. If such a thing ever became available, and it wasn't rubbish, and it didn't require endless hacks to fill in missing data (cough AC cough) and people were still actually playing acc by this time, crew chief would support it

• Funny x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I would just like to point out that this only works in VR. With monitors, these shortcuts move seat and change FOV and all that stuff (I don't remember which one does which).

5. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Just started reading up on the ACC API for Simhub to try and build a usable dash that looks similar to the in-game HUDs. There seems to be barely anything to build upon. How could they not add such much needed functionality?
    Even GTR2 had more usable information, and it was released back in 2006 (I think)?

Please for the love of all things holy tell me I'm wrong. Am I missing something really obvious?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    On Crewchief, Kunos made it quite clear in the past that they have no intention to actively help and support modding in ACC. Its a very different policy they run here than in AC1.

Beta of 1.0.2 is in the wild. Amongst other things, it list "mouse support in VR" as included content. Hip-hip-hooray, I say. But I pass on the Beta, I wait for the full release of 1.0.2

Chris Haye has a new video on the British cars, three more videos on the other cars are coming.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
  8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Found before. Thanks anyway. will try it later.

9. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Just bought Acc . Testing at Silverstone. Car is difficult to set up right. Understeer or sudden oversteer.

Tried raceroom for comparison, car feels more natural to me. More balanced. Force feedback is better. I have more feedback from the car.

Graphics wise. Acc is not impressive at dry days.

The Silverstone track in acc is lacking few arrow signs and plastic clones at the kerbs.

I am going for raceroom than Acc for me because drivability is the most important factor for me

Sound is better in raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  10. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Well, its all about personal taste...

Did yesterday a couple of Laps in Spa.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  11. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure which sound I prefer. They're both good

What tips the balance to R3E is the fact that it is so adjustable. You can get the sound exactly as you want it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Some of them best looking, most visually stunningly edited videos on racing sims are made by Chris Haye, and his collection of works shows that Raceroom and Assetto Corsa are his favourite pets. He now made four videos, one for the Japanese, Italian, British and German cars in ACC, introducing them visually, accoustically, and commenting on how they feel to him when driving them. Eye candy his videos are, and the following new ones are no exceptions.

1.0.2 has hit the public meanwhile, and yes, the much-wanted mouse control in VR finally is there, maybe my repeated explicit rants had something to do with it. :D My GPU also stays a little bit cooler now, so does the CPU, but the temperature problem mostly arises from the GPU heating up the tower, it seems: the CPU's 12 threads runs around 40-70% in ACC, but the GPU always is fully loaded.

I have done mostly practice sessions by now, race practice I mean, with AI cars. While i still think the AI in RR pulls off more action and rumbles, my respect for the ACC AI has slowly, gently grown in the past days, I have seen occasionally two or three AI cars which, when specs and drivers matched, really showed lasting duels with an amount of action that I previously was not aware of. Its not on a level with RR, but when knowing the explanation by Minolin how the AI cars gets affected by race driving behaviour rules that also are expected by multiplayer drivers, it all makes more sense suddenly.

I slowly start to really warm up with some deeper, less superficial love for this sim. There is something in the way the cars feel and drive that is special and set them apart from both AC1, and Raceroom. To me it is as if ACC unites the best form both AC1 and RR, in these regards, as if AC1 had learned the feeling of massive weight in RR, and RR has learned the feel of subtlety from AC1, and both lessons have been thrown together in one new sim.

13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting my Video ;-)

BTW:
    Chris did not made any comment on the

[​IMG]

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Heck, sorry, I had a neural shortcut, thought I had seen it posted at the Raceroom thread at Kunos's forum, if that makes sense...

Deleted.

15. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Because ACC consider usage of shared memory for modding as "hacking" and won't allow it, or do what they can to make it difficult.

Their words not mine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It was no offense from me.

You can post my clip wherever you want to.

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Kunos on non-modding in ACC. Later that year Marco said in some interview on video that while they do not actively block modding, they also will neither block nor ban it. Modders can try, but will be on their own.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but double-posting it just two or three posts apart was not necessary, so I deleted it again. And no, I did not take your remark as something queer.

19. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    If that is indeed true, I think Kunos need to rethink their "Modding Policy". Do they not realise how many people are out their using Simhub, Crew Chief, Z1 Software, etc etc?

While my opinion for the sim is high, my opinion for Kunos has plummeted.

EDIT: Where can I find the animated pit crew?...

20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    First comment on the Brit cars.;) I was wondering, too.
    upload_2019-6-11_0-37-5.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019