Formula RaceRoom X-90.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazza, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I tried the new open wheel cars last night, I am not getting much road texture through the wheel, I dont want to change the settings for thw wheel just for the one car, I turned up the gain for this car and the staeering got heavier but without much textire feel, is anyone else getting the same problem?

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Go to Car Setup>Steering Settings and set your FFB multiplier from 2.5 to 3.5. Leave all general ffb settings unchanged.
    We all have this problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Nope, not all of us. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    We are working on some FFB improvements behind the scenes, which these cars have been developed in conjunction with. When said changes reach your computer's, it'll all make sense

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good.... I am generally very happy with raceroom ffb though so hope it's not huge changes coming.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, I had done that I forgot it was called fab multiplier and called it gain:( but I just got a heavier wheel but no real feel, I played again last night and it seemed better, will try again later.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I don't get the entire feel of the road through my wheel but then I don't in my real car, I get the sensation through the rest of my body in a real car and to replicate this with FFB must be near impossible. Have no issues in RR with FFB, now I have set it up to my liking, works great in every car (didn't need to up it for the FR-90 like others), a bit more tyre feel through the wheel is never a bad thing and I always get a little excited when our @Alex Hodgkinson mentions having something up his sleeve, always means good things are afoot or in this case to hand. :cool:

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    This is the argument I put forward quite often.... People are saying they don't feel this and that through the wheel, such as road texture, but in the real world you don't feel it anyway, and certainly not on a smooth racetrack. But on the other hand people say they want it to be realistic...so what do you do as a dev? Make the steering realistic and only convey the forces or add in all the fakery because people don't realise it's not there anyway? The answer is bass shakers. Stick one of those (or more) under your seat and wheel and you get all the vibrations from the track sampled directly from the suspension movement. I only spent £50 on my shaker setup and it completely changes the game....without it the game feels dead, switch it on and you feel like you're in a car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    It's really strange when people saying they have no road feel in Raceroom. I have plenty of road feel with my TM wheel, i can feel every bump in the road and with cars like FR90 even more than other cars.

10. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah me also haven't noticed any lack of road feel in these cars

11. BillyBobBongo

BillyBobBongo Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    These cars are already great to drive, and this thread tells me it's only going to get better!? Happy Days!

12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0

My next project, if I can shake this bad back, pun, absolutely intended, been looking into it for a while. Experienced it a goodly time ago and loved it, get it right and the brain is totally bamboozled. Have a pile of Amps kicking about, so just down to picking which units to go for. Something else for an old fart to get excited about!

13. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    Where is the best place to get an Imola setup for the V12? Currently 4.5 seconds a lap of the pace and have been improving on the default but have noticed the tyres do not heat up enough on the front left. Currently doing 1.27 but as I say some are doing 1.24 and for the life of me I do not know how to get near that :)

Many thanks Greame

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  14. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Although I am not in the 24's and with my limited experience with setting up a car I lowered the car 2.5/4.3, took rear wing down 3 clicks and changed the diff to 54 if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  15. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @ducman888 I will take any help I can get :) out of interest what time have you managed? Personally I need to watch more of the quick drivers laps as it has already gained me a couple of seconds and I am very untidy in many parts of the track. But it would be nice to see the new tyre widget showing green all round if indeed that is possible. This car is the first car in raceroom apart from the DTM2016 that makes me feel confident pushing for a lap time.
    Did you lower the car all round?

Thanks again Greame

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    It’s almost fully driver dependent i’m afraid :p the default setup can deliver pretty much maximum pace already, possibly some 0.5s margin left. Setup is mostly about driveability, balance and curb handling. For Imola I would recommend maximum downforce and if you like a pointy car, 1-2 clicks lower on the front ARB, but don’t expect miracles :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Jansen while I do appreciate your reply as it is would you mind elaborating? When you say maximum pace what do you mean time wise. What would you consider maximum downforce at Imola?

18. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    It's 2.5 front, 4.3 rear. Also to Thomas' point setups are driver specific and what works for me more than likely will require you to modify.

19. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I see what you mean but same car same track there must be some things that work well for the car across all drivers.

20. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    That's true as well. I used this base setup on a number of tracks with the V8 - 10 and 12 and found it just feels good.

• Like Like x 1