Problem Lag spikes when RRRE.exe sends data

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by fufsgfen, Jun 10, 2019.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I was driving Falkenberg competition with Junior formula car, or trying at least and from some reason there is now total freeze of picture every time RRRE.exe sends bytes.

Using 32bit .exe as 64bit has had issues, but might try that later, however I guess some of you have had such lag spikes before?

I did check for quite many laps taskmanager and resource monitor open at 2nd monitor and each time image did stop I saw network traffic, which resource monitor did reveal being RRRE.exe sending bytes.

Sound is not cutting out though.

Also this is happening after last patch as it is now first time after new update that I have managed to play.

I guess I try restarting machine next, sometimes that fixes things.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    From some reason I decided to try fixing windows update which did broke some weeks earlier by few updates which I did try to solve issue with Steam overlay. Apparently Windows update did break .net somehow so windows update was constantly crashing to broken .net.

So I got really great idea of enabling automatic updates as that does not rely on .net, normally I have disabled automatic everything trough group policy.

So look and behold, it did install something and after that machine was not able to boot anymore, had to do a refresh and it seems I lost one older browser with ton of customizations and there is no way to download old plugins for that anymore, among with pretty much a lot of other stuff.

Well, at least there will be lot of free space after I get windows.old moved, also I can finally install raceroom on ssd, maybe it will also work without lag spikes when ever I get to install all drivers needed etc :p

Never ever install updates, it never solves anything, just makes a huge mess, well that is at least my experience.

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Ok, with newly reinstalled system lag spikes still happen, but with 32bit exe and only when doing leaderboard competition run to what I could figure out.

Using 64bit seems to do away with them and at least so far megastutter has been away with that, which I had before last update.

Not really sure why those lag spikes happen with 32bit though, but as long as I can drive without them, I really don't care too much.