MC Laren 650S GT3 OPINION

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by RIZZI, Jun 11, 2019.

1. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    HI

I ride only with this car.
    I would like to know your opinions on this car compared to other GTR3.
    Yesterday I started competing on Suzuka, never a MC Laren is well placed or rarely for a competition.
    On Suzuka, the first drivers are already the best drivers that we find on all competitions, they will reconnect! He often drives in Mercedes.
    My question: Is the Mc Laren easier to drive but does not allow to be in the first ones?
    I specify that I am not an excellent driver either, it is perhaps the reason of my "bad time"

But is it easier to drive ???

Laurent

PS sorry for my bad English

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like to drive the 12C quite a bit, as it feels easier to handle that some of the others. The big V8's like Merc or Corvette ( which I also like) may have an advantage on straights, but with BOP they should all be the same. I have to watch putting on too much throttle with those two, so its a bit more work. The main thing ( I am not a good driver), I think, is put put lots of time into one car so you are familiar with it. Then your laptimes will get better.

3. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It seems to me that in a straight line they go 3 to 4 km / more which is a definite advantage and a better acceleration. On the last straight on the Nordschliefe for example, Porsche, Mercedes Corvette and BMW catch me without problems while my rear spoiler is at 0 and I still play without help with traction

4. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I find the same at Bathurst, but the McLaren seems better in the corners, so it evens out for me. It may be suited more to tighter circuits. Next time there is a sale, pick one of the others to try. The GT Masters 2018 pack is good value. I have the C7 Corvette. It is very good to drive and has plenty of power. Sounds awesome too.
    Hopefully there is a 650 driver who can give you some tips.

5. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    thx !!

6. Feimberg

Feimberg Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It is my favorite gt3 car in the game, but I am yet to see it in the top of any competition leaderboard. I don't think it is one of the fastest.

7. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Though the 720S do not exist, is it faster in reallife? Maybe that car can compete on the straights....

8. Omar "Ramo"

Omar "Ramo" Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    the Mclaren is quite inferior to Mercedes (above all) and Corvette. But also the other GT3s, like Nissan, Porsche and BMW, are preferable ..
    The Mclaren is quite problematic on the curbs and in the various long acceleration curves. Also lacking top speed, I would say that something else is preferable.

9. jamesleegte

jamesleegte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I was curious about GT3 BOP and decided to try each GT3 car out at the Nordschleife. I did an out lap and two fast laps and the BOP is really very close. But the two Mercs have ridiculous speed and are massively quicker than the other cars. On average the SLS is five seconds quicker than the rest of the field and the AMG is ten seconds quicker on average than the non merc field. I raced all in default set up and the next quickest car after the mercs was the Z4 which was two seconds quicker than the average / non Mercedes cars. The McLaren is one of my favourites to drive in VR, but it was exactly nine seconds slower around nords than the AMG.

10. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Also according to my personal R3E stats it is my favorite car to drive. I know it is indeed not ranked in the highest positions but for some reason we have a 'click'. I race in VR and use the McLaren GT3 rim. Although I cannot see because of that it is something 'between my ears' for best immersion?!

11. Feimberg

Feimberg Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I am surprised that the mustang is not one of the fastest in your nordchleife test. It is brutal in the straights.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ave_golf

ave_golf Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I was triying all GT3 (before the last update) at Paul Ricard without chicane
    With 0 or 1 rear Wing and those are the result

286,8km/h Ford Mustang
    283,1km/h Chevy Camaro
    280,8km/h BMW M6
    280,7km/h Nisan GT-R
    280km/h BMW Alpina B6
    279,2km/h Porsche 911 GT3 R (pre)
    277,7km/h Bentley Continental
    277,3km/h Chevy Corvette Z06.R
    277,1km/h Mercedes AMG
    277,1km/h Mercedes SLS AMG
    276,8km/h BMW Z4
    276,5km/h Chevy Corvette C7-R
    275,6km/h Ford GT
    275,3km/h Audi R8 LMS Ultra
    - 275,2km/h Mclaren 650S
    274,9km/h Mclaren MP4-12C
    274,9km/h Audi R8 LMS
    274,7km/h P4-5 Competizione

I thought the both mclaren were faster like on Iracing but in this game it's not like that

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The 650s got a BOP update this week (assuming to make it more competitive). Was it a weight break, more power or some other changes? I notice it to have slightly better straightline speed but still very understeery in mid speed corners - normal for a mid engined car?