Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Too many clever word-ripping lawyers in here. ;) Lets go and get some driving done. ;) All I can say is I had another great hour of VR driving in ACC this morning, and some duelling with a couple of really stubborn AI dudes insisting on not providing me an easy pass.

Reality beats discussing it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    What the engine was capable of was surely known by Kunos, they must of known certain things were not included, so either Epic made promises of future compatibility for certain features or Kunos were happy with U4 as it stands, if it's the second then yes they made an error and if it's the first then why release before the engine was compliant with a racing Sim.
    Beginning to think that developers don't want to produce the perfect Sim, it's the old ever lasting light bulb scenario, if you produce something that can't be surpassed, you're out of a job.
    Again this is another reason why I prefer S3's game plan. Evolution baby!

3. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I keep forgetting if it works for one, it works for all, there's no proof behind anecdotal evidence..

I think people are getting confused with the whole VR thing. It's like (sort of) the introduction of HD TVs. There is a difference between an HD TV and a TV that is HD-Ready.

4. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Not to mention "working" and "supported" are two different things.

Kunos have, to me, demonstrated that they can't/won't support VR because its not their code / plugin and is beyond their control, so when a problem exists that may relate to that, or the engine or anything else that is from a third party.. then they simply do nothing and point the finger.

Simple as that. I asked for support, I got told its not their problem. I didn't pay Epic / Unreal directly, I never bought their engine or third party plugins, I bought a game from Kunos.

If it where me, first, I would look to see if I had made a mistake implementing that third party stuff or a mistake interfacing with it / configuring it or something else. Then I would contact said third party and ask their advice and see if there is anything that can be done, if its a problem their end or mine, etc etc etc. Kunos say "not our fault, goodbye". And its not the first time they have pointed fingers at it being unreal / epics fault. Strange, a lot of commercial agreements usually prevent "blaming your partner" lol.

Anyway, I hope Sector 3 Don't use Unreal Engine. I hope they look at the mess that (in my opinion) is ACC and think carefully about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    1.0.3 is live, over 1 GB.

Correction, already 1.0.4

And the readme says:
    VR:
    - Mouse in VR: added wheel and scroll bar support.
    - Fix to the HUD stereo layer clipping with the car geometry.

:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    1.05 just released.

Readme says:

VR;
    -VR removed due to technical issues, it never worked properly anyway ;-)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    This thread is still a thing?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    505 is the official rights holder and publisher of ACC. The below is as precise as it gets.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Well that explains why they removed it in Steam and why the people with headsets other than the above are having issues and all the people that have the above headsets say it's fine, good find, so why don't Kunos instead as I said before list the ones that are supported on the Steam store, I'll tell you why because they would lose sales.

Sneaky if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A quote from the Kunos Forum which - imho - describes perfect, what ACC i all about.

In no other Sims you have such great differences between the cars. In no one....

11. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Because BoP is a thing in other games, just saying :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So they (the other games) do more BoP than the real series?

BTW: We nee shaking mirrors

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  13. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Yes this is exactly what they do, since the BoP should be viable for pretty much every track, irl they can adjust over time and per track (and still get it wrong). When you have swings of 1-2 seconds of cars being competitive or off the pace between tracks like in ACC it's just a joke really

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So in real the Reiter Gallardo (this is the car we talk about) was competitive?

15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    What I do not like is:" We do it better than the other, theirs is so bad"
    This is something that annoys me most in the whole simracing community. No matter it's RR, AC, ACC, RF2, PC, PC2, AMS, ...
    Take things like they are and don't play games you do not like. Everybody has it's own preferences and likings and you cannot change them by discussion..
    Sorry, this is not offending, but it spoils it for me.

• Agree Agree x 10
  16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Every Game has its pro’s and con’s indeed. I agree 100% with your post. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    As I use to say since years in here: I do not choose between RR and AC - I play them both. :)

And other simsthat I may not like, I simply do not play, and simply do not invest time for to post abput how bad I think they are. No fun in that. Wasted time.

18. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it's about bad mouthing other sims that isn't the case here it's just the implementation could have been better and they should look at the issues and correct them if they can or admit it's by design.

People bought the EA with promises that haven't been delivered in my opinion, I play all the sims AC, RRE, PC2, RF2 and ACC, they all have their quirks that could have been better but apart from ACC they all do the base things correctly, VR, Triples, anti aliasing, 3rd party app support, these are fundamental base things that a sim needs from the off not an after thought.

It's passion is all it is, we want it to be as good as it's potential shows, so a few people highlighting points may get heard, the thread on VR on ACC is gaining traction, the worst thing that devs do is ignore it or pass the buck saying it is out of their control, this gets people angry.

To remove the VR tag from the Steam store without explanation instead of listing the supported headsets is a bad move, those that bought it when it was tagged for VR and have just spent 600 quid on upgraded headsets that aren't supported has made them angry, you know it looked great in a CV1 must look amazing in a Reverb....oh no wait!

Kartkraft is UE4 and on the Steam store they list the headsets that are supported and Fx has tested it and it works a lot better than ACC so if they can do it why can't Kunos without saying it's an engine limitation when it isn't.

They have been caught with their pants down and it has upset people, I really do hope it improves to make the sim community a happier place, I really do as I actually like it for what it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Ever wonder how radillion looks in snow? Here you ge-top-eau-rouge.jpg go :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    probably the best thing that has come from ACC :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1