rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    April roadmap update is here. Monaco eprix is looking nice and I love the track surface looks on that Nurburgring photo.

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    • Winner x 2
    • Love it! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  3. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
  4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

BTW:
    With license?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  5. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Le Mans with the quality we've seen with Sebring... Nothing announced but I hope, just hope, that they we're allowed to get Bugatti track as well.

edit: No Bugatti circuit.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  6. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    S397 just released Le Mans 24h on Steam for 10.99 euro.Was an instant buy for me but I need to get a few hours of sleep before launching RF2 and driving on it.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    WOW, look awesome.

Now i know what i make in the evening ;-)

8. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Live Feed left is pretty lame (old game ? ) :D - right one is the real thing, isn't it ? ;)

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    If rF2 video would have equally solid camera, it would be more interesting comparison, now camera moves a lot in rF2 video compared to real video, so you really can't tell much about how similarly body moves.

11. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    June roadmap update went up earlier and you can read it here. Tatuus pack for free?! Gladly accepted? And two new layouts for Imola? Can't say no to Imola!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    All Tatuus cars are now available on Steam RF2 workshop!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah got them... now I only have to find the time to race...

14. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am new to Rfactor 2.
    How do you find Rfactor 2 FFB Direct Drive in comparison to Raceroom? I bought the game on special and didn't have enough time to fiddle with it except that I had to change the steering value from +10000 to -10000 and map a few buttons.
    Also I've noticed that the graphics are pretty poor or maybe I have to download some patches for it. The interface looks complicated but I am getting used to it slowly. Not very impressed with Rfactor2 right now, maybe because I am not familiar with it. I hope I can get some detailed guideline and get this fired up properly.

15. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    If you go for the looks you be better of with AC/ACC or Pcars. Other then that rFactor is just a great game. Good sound and FFB.

16. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Not too fuss about graphics but the way it looks right now its just putting off a bit. Once again i thought there migh be some patch that can improve the look. Dont know.

17. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I do not have a y mods/patch installed but for me it does not look that bad at all. Sure no high fidelity gfx but good enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    This is subjective of course, but I find FFB and physics in rF2 unsurpassed by any of the available titles. I'll just give you one friendly advice - do not judge it just by some content, try a lot and invest time to understand the game. That is, if your goal is hardcore realism/simulation. I was able to get into it only from my second attempt. My first attempt ended "wth is ths ......". But then, a while later, I actually spent months learning the game, and now I am really enjoying it. What I realized, is that because of semi-open nature of this game it has awful content, bad content, good content and great content, and you can't expect same level of polish across the content as you get in a closed game. But the benefits are great too - very diverse content - it has Karts, Superkarts, F1 and everything in between. Also, if you race offline, AI is trickier to setup than in closed game. Again, on some tracks/some settings it works awful, but if you figure out good settings/content, the experience is unsurpassed by any game. rF2 has vehiclle damage (open content has better damage model than official one), flat spots, engine stall, dynamic weather, 24hrs cycle, working Safety Car phase, formation lap, rolling start, mid race save, when content is well matched those things add a lot immersion and true autosport feel. Also, all of that is properly exposed via Internals model, so Crew Chief is tightly integrated with the game. Currently, the weak area is drivetraing/gearbox siumlation.

Try this - get Imola by Reiza, AMG GT3 by S397. Turn off ABS in car setup. Put on soft slicks. This will be good demo of rF2's physics IMHO (note how it behaves under braking, flat spots, standstill FFB etc). Then, set up Imola 24hrs event (you can time accellerate). I used S397 GT3 + Flat6 cars, and will also try adding BTCC into mix as it is closest to TCR. See the 24hrs transition - it is awesome on paid tracks.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the middle of getting adapted to rF2 and can only subscribe to this post. The FFB feels indeed more moderate when you come from RRE but has an unmatched feedback and general steeringaccuracy. Key is that it is not for the mere sensation of rumbling effects (rumbles good- must be good, tho less can be much more) but for the subtle effects and nuances.
    At least with my Fana CSL Elite it feels perfect so far.
    Check out Sebring as well - its a blast, one of the best virtual tracks I raced on so far ;)

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    keep in mind that rF2 does not have artificial effects on its FFB, everything you get is from the road surface and physics forces (sure, who knows if that's really true :D but anyway, game has no effect settings). If you get rumble, that is because tire really jumps on the tarmac in the simulation. That's why laser scanned/LIDAR tracks feel the best in FFB _and_ motion system. And that's why some old converted tracks feel bland, they're very low res. Speaking of motion, you can even tell which way engine rotates, that's how detailed physics is.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019