Questions about my profile - Rank and Team

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pepeu, Jun 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Pepeu

Pepeu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone.

How could I get a rank to show on my profile on leaderboards?
    And what about teams? How can I set one for me and my friend?

Thanks

2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    upload_2019-6-17_10-1-54.png

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Pepeu

Pepeu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  4. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I believe you have to enter competitions to get ranked, free or pay to play. Once the competition is complete you will receive a rank based on how you finish compared to the fastest time set. This is a dynamic ranking as it will change based on the number of competitions you enter. In other words, you may see your rank vary initially after a couple of entries but over time it should settle in to reflect how your ability compares to the whole.

Leaderboards I am not 100% certain if they factor into it as well. Or perhaps, I am totally wrong in which someone will correct me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Now I have a couple of questions to add, if you don't object.:confused:
    In the Basic settings I see some racers who are well established in length of time as 'Joined' the R3E community and see them often in competitions and leaderboards but the overall Laps Completed and Distance don't seem to reflect the months/years since they joined. How are Laps Completed and Distance calculated for the profile page?
    Next, are the Favourite Car and Tracks. I have cars and tracks that have not been used in a while, as well as others I know I have logged more laps/distance with yet these seem not to change often, or if at all. How is this determined?
    Just curious.

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to know this too. The RUF GTR 3 is still showing as my second favourite car, but I haven't driven it for months. I'm sure there are plenty of others I've driven a lot more than that one now. Also, the WTCR Cupra has only just made it to the number one spot recently, despite having driven it every Tuesday for the last few months.

7. Pepeu

Pepeu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Very nice questions guys. I'm interested in those too.

8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Now everything im going to write now is just an afaik :D edit: now that im done ill say that it turned out to be more guessing than afaik but maybe its right anyways :D
    But to get a rank you have to take part in competitions (leaderboards wont do) and even then it might take a while because the ranks only get updated once in a while and not after every competition.
    Regarding the fav cars/tracks i read that it might be the number of sessions loaded with that car/track but im not sure whether that was official or just somebody guessing
    Distance driven should be pretty straight forward. You drive a few metres and the stats go up. I think laps completed are only full laps that are valid as well. And even then when you start in the pits in a sessions your out lap might not count (at least the in car lap counter often doesnt count those so them missing in the stats missing as well would make sense). Now if you know the guys youre talking about mainly from competitions/leaderboards theres a good chance they have a lot of invalid/aborted laps that dont count for completed laps. I have no real explanation for the lack of distance tho. Perhaps theyre just sat in the pits for hours tweaking the setup and thereby getting hours and hours of time spent on track/in car without a high distance ;)

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't worry to much, some of the stats are still broken..eg mine shows as novice when I've only ever driven in get real mode.