With the announcement of Automobilista 2.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BreadedVirus, Jun 16, 2019.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Its a matter of being used to, yes, but whenever I see streams or check out other sims with that highly praised DX11/12/UE4 look it feels like Simracing in Disneyland to me , I'm literally shocked by the color saturation for example (a bag full of colorful candy). In that area RRE looks most realistic to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    We only find out about new content a few weeks before it lands so the chances of us being let into the inner thoughts regarding future engine plans are slim to none.

I think it's the case that they try to make the graphics look amazing when in real life, on most days, the view out of a windscreen is fairly flat and boring. I intentionally turn down the colour saturation on my displays (even in raceroom) as I just don't like the bright colours....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    There seems to be a misconception here that a) upgrading the tech makes things slower or that b) shading/aesthetics of the game have to change fundamentally. That just isn't true and I have a bit of experience in this field.

A) a negative impact assumes that the core engine is actually super efficient as is. We already know it doesn't leverage multiple cores well. The components (dx9fx, scaleform etc., just look at dlls) are not known to be that fast in the first place. Looking at the files, all that similarity to older titles like race07 show that there is some really deep roots. Remember none of the people who wrote the core tech are left at s3s. There is no hurt feelings ;) s3s can be proud of their polish and improvements using what they were given, but please Raceroom/KW give them money for something new ;)

B) The lighting code can be preserved, and the artists who tuned for it are still around.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  4. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The only major features that I want that R3E lacks are dynamic track and asymmetrical setups. Can't both be done in the current engine?

It would be nice to have better optimization. DX11 or Vulkan would provide that.

5. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It is getting harder and harder to buy new content every patch while not seeing any info about future of the core engine of the sim. I have high hopes for automobilista. The live track tech in madness engine is amazing, too bad sms abandoned pcars2 in favour of the next project. Hope Reiza will get this thing to shine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually a die hard Fan of RRE but asStudio 397 brought LeMans for rF 2 yesterday, I'm seriously thinking about diving into rF LM Endurance Multiclass division of my home community. RRE is still the most, polished & immersive thing within its boundaries incl. superb (League) racing to me, but as you said: I'm getting hungry for more in terms of "Get Real" & still missing features.
    But I'm pretty sure the guys @Sector3 know that pretty well themselves, cause the pressure from their competitors cannot be denied ....;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1