Opinions wanted about RRE physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbfan, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    If you dont mind, would you mind sharing your thoughts on why do you prefer iRacing in details please? I would like to know.

2. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What wheel do you use?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    He says iracingbis better but doesn't reference the physics or driving? How do you know he is not refering to the multiplayer side of it? As a very good SIM driver he races in high splits and gets good racing, normal people usually race other numpties. If you are good enough to reach the high end of iracing the multiplayer aspect is amazing with professionally streamed racing and serious teams etc. The actual driving though is pretty uninvolved, I never ever feel like I am driving a real car.

In the video, he says that NONE of the current Sims even slightly compare to real world racing. Decent computer games though they might be.

If you are good enough and have enough free time (and money) to throw at it iracing can be very rewarding I'm sure. For me who has maybe a couple of hours a week to play games raceroom gets my vote. Whether totally realistic or not I actually feel connected to the car and road. I can race decent AI at any time and there are no costs other than what I choose to spend.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It's undeniable iRacing and rFactor are above other games. But the FFB iracing and the management of the tires is not at the top rFactor 2 is almost perfect if it is not a rotten interface
    However I have a lot of fun on R3E, it is easier but future developments are promising;
    I have all 3 games so I can make an opinion

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    iRacing would be awesome if the tires worked on/over the limit, I'm pretty sure even Nicki has said that the tires are not good at all in iRacing. I'm not a real driver but I don't think I'd even want to be if it would be as easy to kill yourself on corner entry as in iRacing :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I remember as well that Nicki mentioned that in a Video. Anyway, for me r3e is best in SP for me, so same as ravey1981 wrote above

7. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    If he only stopped screaming randomly, I would watch it to the end :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Cannot watch this clown, behaves like 6 year old child.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Also Nicki Thiim - "IRacing physics are shit"

No sim is perfect. It is also important to keed in mind, that real drivers care more about the racing, and less about the 100% accurate physics simulation. The have the real deal as work, and no racing sim will ever come close to that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Him again before he got so OTT, this is the race room Porsche before Alex so it should be even better now. Interesting that he doesn't have much bad to say about race room but still marks it lowest....he puts iracing first on account of the tracks and graphics but says the tyres are awful and the car drives like a boat! Hmmmm. Would be interested to see a new version with iracing, acc, and r3e. In conclusion though, pro racing driver says iracing tyres are terrible, if you can't get that right in a sim then what are you playing at? Tyres are everything!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    That was für video I ment. cause Nicki Drove Carrera Cup in the past quite successfully. I think he is a Very funny Guy, but yes Sometimes a Bit overdosed. I grew Up when his dad Drove that super Liveried 190E evo around NOS. I Like the Thiims. His rather was/is such a silent Guy, what I remembered when he Made Interviews on TV

• Like Like x 1
  12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy all the sims, so let me start there. Each one has its strength and weakness.

iRacing physics are top of the line for me with the exception of a couple of cars. The Porsche Cup car is way too slidey and has some odd lightness off center. I think Nicki complained about the feel of this car as well. I think that car is honestly best simulated in AMS (boxer cup) and in R3E (brakes lock a bit easy for me here).

As an overall package though, iRacing is crushing it right now. They have all the tracks, most of the cool cars (GTE, Indycar, GT3, LMP1, Aussie V8, Radical, F3, F3.5,...i mean, its kinda ridiculous to be honest). iRacing should be top of the heap though, the pricing is high and for that price, I expect a lot.

The original question was about R3E physics, and I find them to be quite good. Maybe not the best, but darn good and the latest tires on the GT3 are even better. I think they may be a bit too planted (can't spin them out with TC off in 2nd or 3rd very easily), but its a good experience overall. Hopefully it keeps getting better.

13. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed that about the the GT3s too. But the Camaro doesn't seem to have that problem for some reason. It will spin as easily as the one in rF2. If you don't have it, try it out in the shop.

14. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Alex did the Porsche 911 Cup car

15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ah fair enough, it did receive an update after the video was made through afaik

16. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It was the very first car I eased myself into Sector 3 with and it's easily the car I've spent the most time on. Actually I polished off the last few aspects I wasn't that happy with recently. Gone are the snappy gear changes and pogo-stick bounce over bumpy roads. Those tweaks should make their way to you soon.

On the top of GT3s, here's something hot off the press..

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Looks great! While you're here, could you go over why the Camaro GT3 has a very natural-feeling tendency to spin with lowered/off TC, while the other ones seem very planted?

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Looks good, has the M6 had a sound update too, engine seems more raspy.....

So, just to tease us a bit more, what kind of changes are we to expect in the GT3 physics?

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's American, they don't have corners over there and still think solid rear axles are cutting edge technology? Jokes obv....

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1