How much you would pay for a monthly subscription?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mihai, Jun 18, 2019.

?

How much you would pay monthly?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2019.
  1. 8 euro

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. 10 euro

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. 12 euro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 14 euro

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    €1000 per month

not

2. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Poll is over. Thank you!

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Ah so now we can see the results. Looks like the people have spoken and want to pay 8-10€ a month ;)

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, the poll was what @Mihai wanted it to be, and we should respect that. I hope he got the answers he was looking for.

Apparently there are people who would be willing to pay for a subscription model, which I find interesting.

Personally I'm hoping this doesn't give the devs any strange ideas tho ;) , I'd also object a monthly fee.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Bit of a skewed poll though if the majority seem to want to pay Zero, I think the poll based on thread responses would result in £0 being the highest percentage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I count around 24 in this thread that have said Zero ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    No it's Ok, just an observation, the poll served it's purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I didnt need to post or reiterate this but the summer sale for a newcomer to the game
    The cost for me to add what i have missing after god knows what ive already spent......Ta Da [​IMG]
    Exactly why i wont spend another bean on this game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    But that is buying everything individually. You can still get discount with the car/tracks packs here even after buying premium - http://game.raceroom.com/store/packs/

For instance, for those WTCR'S you have in your cart, you can buy the full WTCR 2018 Pack for 1124 vRP instead of paying between 1820 vRP and 2100 vRP buying them all individually like you screen shotted.

It's just like buying things in a supermarket, you won't get a discount buying 1 of everything individually. You need to buy a group of things to get discounts. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Out of interest....if you just select the premium pack now, and thus get all the content (minus everything you already own), how much does that cost you?

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Out of interest ill check for myself as well and let you know as well. Have already spent 250-260€ but im sure the premium pack would still cost me quite a bit :D

13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You cant its a one off purchase and i have already done that!
    It is buying all the content i dont have, i`ll do it again, either way, the total plus what i have already paid is going to be 3 times the cost for someone to start fresh.
    So doing it again, for 3 tracks and car packs only, £34.12 (€38.09) that is without the other cars not sold in packs and without any skins that are missing, no c classe cars, no tcr cars, so i would guess still a fair chunk to add onto that, gonna stick my neck out and say still over the €50 (£44.79) for the purchase of vrp to buy the premium pack.
    Dosnt matter how you dress it up, older, long term customers are being fleeced without regard and the only real way that will stop is if people stop buying, highly unlikely that will happen, but i for one wont be buying.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off ah ok, I didn't realise that. Given the above numbers I agree the pricing structure is unfair to long term users. I have always bought new stuff as it comes out so it's been in relatively small amounts, I would certainly be annoyed at having to cough up that much to complete my collection....

15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    So i own 86 cars and 34 tracks. Right now the premium pack would cost me 30€ which i cant complain about too much although looking at how much i own youd think theres at least another 100 cars and 40 tracks in there which doesnt quite match up ;)
    Didnt bother to calculate exactly how much buying everything individually would cost me but without the current 50% discount itd definitely still be above the price of complete a premium pack. Luckily i can still purchase the premium pack/ have everything i want at the moment anyways :D

16. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Like at many other companies. New clients get better prices. But in the end, if the company can grow and invest, then the long term clients benefit in the end as well. So that is meanwhile business standard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. W2Racing

W2Racing Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    It's unfortunate, but pretty common. If you bought an Xbox One in 2013 or whenever it came out and Spent $499 on it and now someone can buy one for $250 or whatever they cost it's the same situation. The benefit you got is that you got to play on the Xbox for six additional years over the other person. What Raceroom should consider doing is adding a discount for those with 100% content (iRacing does this). Once you get to 100% content you get a 10%-15% discount on all future purchases that would put you back at 100% content (IE: I have 100% and two new items are released, I add them to my cart, automatic 10-15% discount, however if I add only one of the items to the cart, no discount because it would not put me at 100%)

Thanks,
    Jeff.

• Like Like x 2