Posative feedback with some thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rlaycock, Jul 3, 2019.

1. rlaycock

rlaycock New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    Firstly
    Congratulations to Sector 3.
    I own many racing sims but keep returning to Race Room Experience.
    It, looks great, Sounds great, Runs great, Feels great. Even on a fairly old PC at relatively high resolution (3840 x 1200) Also I own every add on (even though I don't use most)
    However a few feature I feel are lacking are:
    • The ability to save a race mid race. ( I only play offline). I would love to be able to rune a long distance event and be able to return and continue at a later time.
    • The Le Mans track.
    • As I only play off, line it is a little concerning, that if the server (Sector 3 or my local one) is down I cant play the game.
    It would be nice to know if sector 3 has ever considered the above.

Best wishes
    Bob

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You should give it a go. Its a really fun track ;)
    As for the three points theyve all been brought up on here before so they shouldve at least thought about it by now. But i wouldnt be too optimistic for the ability to play without an internet connection. Le mans will likely be a matter of money (although i dont get why everyone wants it when we have almost no fitting cars anyways). No idea about the possibility to save a race mid race but it might not be super easy to implement

3. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The game will not be able to 100% offline without a very large rewrite to the game code. A large part of the game is powerd by online services and remoing them would take a lot of time away from new features that would add to the game as a whole.

4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Funny thing is, I probably wouldn't play my other games if Sector3 didn't go off line from time to time:tonguewink:

5. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I too would love both of these - just keep in mind EVERYONE has a very LONG wish list.:) Mid-race saving has not been flagged in development notes nor are there any hints about upcoming tracks (that I'm aware of).

I would also like this but I'm pretty sure it will never happen (business model, licence authentication, current code etc etc - there are many discussions about it over the years).

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  6. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Way too subtle... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. rlaycock

rlaycock New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    Thanks to all your answers and feedback.
    Bob