Pit Stop Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob Ross, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Rob Ross

Rob Ross New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was in two separate races with pit issues today. The first issue occurred when i had some body damage, so the pit lane was selected. The car stopped at my spot, but after that, I couldn't do anything. A menu popped up, but there wasn't a button I could hit on the keyboard or wheel (Logitech GT) that would get me out of the menu. It was during a qualifying so I waited for the race to start and when the race started I had full control.
    The second instance was a race I entered that required a pit stop. I stopped with 6 minutes left, but after getting to my pit space, I couldn't get back on the track and ended up quitting out. I had the same menu as before, and not a single button worked. Where do I find how to set up the pit strategy or how to configure buttons for my wheel? The wheel works perfect other than the pitting issue. I tried to find similar issues on the forum, but none were similar. Any suggestions?

2. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    There's a good RRE pit stop guide over at Race Department.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Go into your control settings and bind keys/buttons for the pit actions (they are all grouped together).

At the very least you need buttons for pit request, menu up/down, menu increase/decrease and confirm pit actions. For example I have the pit request button on my wheel and then the other functions on a button box. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I use crew chief and it works with voice commands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rob Ross

Rob Ross New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have plenty of buttons on the wheel, so I think Ill go that route for now. I installed crew chief as well.

Thank you all for the replies!

6. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Recommended using Crew Chief voice activation , only way to go to preconfigure strategy on the fly. :D

7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Try binding the pitstop-menu button's and then going through the pitlane in practice sessions to get used to it. There's a lot to a pitstop, like your braking zone for the pit-limiter, the turn in, the braking..