Do you like any of these tracks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sherpa25, Jul 10, 2019.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    While still some time in the sale, I'd like some feedback on these tracks, if you find them worth acquiring (except Chang, w/c I didn't like much when I tried it in AC). Thanks.
    upload_2019-7-10_14-4-35.png

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Dunno why the sale is still on, it´s the 10th now - in Europe, at least.
    Anderstorp is nice, Zhuhai OK, Falkenberg should be 1 euro as it is tiny and I haven´t tried the rest. If you want to do online racing, maybe Indy as more players have it from being in the US track pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I like all tracks, i drive all tracks, so i buy all tracks :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    All depends on your personal preference, and what cars you like to drive.
    Personally, I'm not wild about neither Zhuhai nor Chang. They're not really suited to the mid- to low-power cars I usually drive.
    Mantorp Park is easily one of my favourite tracks for mid-power cars (say, GT4 and downwards), as is Knutstorp.
    Falkenberg is a bit like Stowe. Great fun in NSUs and FRJs, not really useful for anything else.

But it also depends on whether you're looking for SP or MP races. If your aim is MP, you won't find many people using the Swedish tracks in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, the swedish tracks are fun with GT4 older WTCC, TC a.s.o.except for Anderstorp which has more of a GP Layout, but I never liked it much (even since GTR2 back in the days).Indy has a great name but is a typical Oval Infield Course, which I personally find unsatisfying/boring -like Eurospeedway -but thats a personal preference cause I generally like tracks with an immersive enviroment more (trees, elevations, blind crests and turns). Zuhai is cool, challenging, has a good flow once you've got it.
    Chang = 50/50, has its moments but has that cold Tilke-like look - I'm not a big fan of these modern racing arenas from scratch...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I really like Chang international Its my pick out of the lot. Its a very nicely made track thats neat in design. A bit like Austria A1 Ring without the hills and bumps.
    Zhuhai is nice but a bit too long of a lap for any racing category that's not top tier.

Im not a fan of the lower powered cars like the FWD WTCR... which is probably why im not feeling any attachment for any of the other tracks mentioned.
    That track is real fun to just lay back and do some mini power slides in something like the Porsches.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Id say chang and zhuhai. Guess youre not gonna get chang so id go for zhuhai. Has a nice flow and a bit of an old school feel to it (it doesnt really have elevation changes tho). The only thing that keeps me from driving it more is that the curbs are trying to kill my g29 :D dont know why but theyre much more extreme than basically any other tracks for me
    Indy is nice to have but not really something one would need imo
    Gave all the swedish tracks a try last year when there was a free weekend or something like that (thanks for that s3 btw :D) and none of them really convinced me but that might well be due to the fact that i hardly ever drive anything slower than gt3s and from what the others write that doesnt seem to be the best car choice for these tracks :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Arent zhuhai and chang pretty much exactly the same lap time wise tho? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    LOL.. I'll have to check that out after maintenance... :p

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the inputs, guys. I'll keep these in mind for the next sale, as I just missed it by a few... and it's now back to normal :( Yeah, I tend to drive mostly the faster GT3 / DTM cars in SP, but sometimes drive the WTCR (and the like), though not as much. Wish there were more track choices :D

11. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well, according to the May 2019 developer notes, Sector3 are currently working on 4 new tracks, and some of these could come before the next sale. Some of these tracks, you could prefer to what you are considering buying.

If there are any free-to-play competitions with these tracks, I urge you to do the competition so you can get a feel for the track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see a Swedish pack

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    every swedish track is great, but Falkenberg is the best track in the world :D

14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Ive done Chang in multiplayer a few times and always enjoyed it. Its one i have to refresh myself on it everytime I drive it again. Halfway through lap "Oh yeah it's THIS track i remember now...."

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well to get back to this i checked my times now and in the 2016 dtms (probably my most driven category on those two tracks so hopefully somewhat representative) my two times are less than 0.04 seconds apart :D i did more setup work on chang tho so actually zhuhai might be quicker in a dtm :D

• Agree Agree x 1