Steering Friction Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tlsmikey, Jul 10, 2019.

1. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Quick question about the default friction or lack thereof in R3E. I generally like the physics and ffb on the newer cars (the Porsche Cup car...so good), however I notice with my direct drive (Accuforce) that there is essentially no friction/dampening by default in the steering wheel.

This is different from any other title where they generally have at least a small amount of inherent friction/dampening in the ffb loop.

Is this intentional or something that is happening to direct drive wheels? Anyone else notice this?

2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    I guess it is not set in the default profiles as those are mostly made for lower end wheels, I would actually recommend using the damper option in the FFB options, I use about 40% on my fanatec v2.5 for example.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Never used dampening in raceroom untill a couple of weeks ago when I got the suggestion to try it. Now I use close to 50% and are satisfied with how it feel. I use a TM-T500RS base so might not be the best to feel any difference but have tinkered with the FFB settings quite a bit over the years and learn new things all the time :D

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good. I add a bit of friction and dampening with my accuforce, just find it odd that it's so friction free compared to anything else.

• Informative Informative x 1