Good app for dashboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bull Shark, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

What is a good app for use as a dashboard on a tablet ? Preferable for multi race sims.

2. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I use simhub. Its great

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yes me too but I’m curious if there other apps as well with models of the real cars so to speak.

4. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Dashpanel.
    Using this app for some years now, for me it's a very good app. The editor ist self explaning and easy to understand, has some limitations, but in most cases you find a way arround. I am currently creating some dashes for it and using my old Xperia Z3 as a display. I am racing with no HUD and because my T300 is right infront of the ingame dashboard, i try to recreate the RRRE dashes as close as possible for my Z3.
    Some examples?

EvoII
    5_RRRE_EVO_II.lyt.png

BMW E30
    9_RRRE_BMW_E30.lyt.png

BMW Z4 GT3
    8_RRRE_ADAC_BMW_Z4_GT3.lyt.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  5. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Looks great.. I have the same problem with my wheel being in front of the dashboard. So I now use a Samsung 7inch tablet fitted on the wheelbase. Works great.
    I’ll look into the Dashpanel. Thanks.

Edit: how does it work? I need to buy the server on steam for every game I want to use and download a client from the playstore (android)

6. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
  8. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I've used a few but DashPanel is now my favourite as it's so customisable

9. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    You made those you’re showing yourself? On the PC I presume and will they be visible on the android version once created?

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Try simhub. It's awesome and brings so much more to the table than just dashboards. I have it running on a 5 inch LCD screen. It also runs my bass shakers. Works automatically across most sims too.

11. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Jepp. I create them on the PC client and copy the files to my android when done. Works perfect for me. Best thing is, you can edit your dash's on a 23'' monitor and don't have to use your android for that.
    I would love to upload some of my dash's, but i am using screenshots of the RRRE cockpits as a background, so i think it's not ok with copyright rules for S3.

12. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thanks. I just read some of the info on Steam. Only to bad I need to buy a license for every game. €4.95 per game. But will dive into. Thanks again.

13. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Been using simdashboard on an old android tablet and phone (no ios support). It has support for many racing games (they are listed on their website). The app automatically switches between the games whenever u start a new one.
    There’s massive amount of layouts out there but you can also create your own on the paid version of the app.

https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/

Here are some old pictures i took after purchasing the app a couple of years ago

[​IMG]Derek Speare designs (DSD) Black Max II by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

[​IMG]Sim Dashboard Pro by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. It is a great app indeed. I use the free version atm and it works wonderful.
    I’m gonna buy the three wanted license and later one for AMS2 if it will be supported but I presume it will.

15. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I bought 3 licenses for Dashpanel R3E, Pcars and AC. Nice app but it does not work ok with android. Playstore refuses to see my in-app purchases and therefore it only runs in demo mode. Cleared the cache on my phone and also on the tablet but non of them see my in-app purchase.
    There must be a logical explanation but I’m done with it. First my Mclaren GT3 Wheel with shifting problems, after that my Fanatec shifter with mis shifts and now this app which does not work as it supposed to work. Damned I’m done with sim racing for a while...
    No offence to Berno by the way, it is more a problem of Google I believe..

16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Problems solved regarding the DashPanel app.
    Thanks for the support Berno.

17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    A little bit OT, but I just installed Simhub to use for my bass shakers as well, and all I can say is: Goodbye forever, Simvibe!!

I've been using Simvibe since I installed the bass shakers, but it's clunky, buggy and totally not worth its cost. Simhub is infinately more intuitive and easier to setup, has many more features and gives a much better feel to the shakers. And it's almost free, at least compared to Simvibe, which is the most overpriced piece of software I ever bought. Happily paid €20 for Simhub, awesome app, highly recommended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I use it as well. Nice app/.