GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    RD forum comments are destroying SimBin's latest stunt. I tend to agree, I wrote my comment as The Flying Hun over there.

SimBin seems to not understand the negative PR fallout they already have created with their recent PR stunts. Gives me a quite amateurish impression, I must admit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's very surprising indeed. Although maybe not, new studio self-funded could mean they may use a lot juniors. Which is not wrong, but then why load this legacy pressure of simbin/gtr2 onto yourselves...

If the rim doesn't have that much polys, that's okay, motion blur will hide that most of the time anyway, and say maybe they do have tons of cars on the grid... But then show screenshots of that, your strengths.

Imagine the same shot, same level of detail but with a dirty car, slightly bruised and duct tape holding something together. Now everyone would talk about a next level of immersion in endurance racing. That someone finally addresses the torment teams and cars go threw. True Grit. Instead this, what story is that image telling. It's what they don't have...

Why they keep posting unimpressive, we are alive teasers like that, is beyond me.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Well done guys! 25x forum pages for a new Sim-Arcade racing game without any official information! Lol :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    SimBin UK celebrated their 2nd (re-)birthday recently:
    simbin2ndbday.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Can dead really have a birthday? :p;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Well, Q2 2019 is just around the corner...

• Like Like x 1
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'm heavily impressed by their massive proceedings in such a short time :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, they seem to move office a lot, and still putting out job offers. So it would appear they might still be working on... sth. ^^

9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I guess so :)

10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I think they got stuck at AI aggressiveness slider

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Uhm ? So whatsup ? (LOL)
    Guess it's slowly dying (or dead already) but just too embarrassing for the "Devs" to adhere to it....
    The fifty shades of GTR3.....still enough Sims on the market to select from, not a big deal...:rolleyes:

PS: Anyone remembers that PR stunt almost 20 yrs ago ? (Yeah, still there, unbelieveable :) )
    http://www.west-racing.com/faq.htm

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  12. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Im also not that sad if its not gonna happen. If it is canceled, maybe its good for R3E. Since ACC, im not sure switching to Unreal 4 is a good idea. Better do some stuff with DX11 or Vulkan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    From a VR point of view, ACC is a good lesson for Sector3 why not to go with U4E. I do not want to blow the graphical issues up to the proportions that some ACC haters try to push it to, but there are inherent problems with graphcis in VR in ACC for sure that do not exist in AC1 or RR as it is today. I am no longer looking forward to RR changing to U4E. Before doing that, better leave RR as it is.

Alternative scenarios: use a better suited engine, or do an in-house-developed own engine that you have tailored and optimised for your task from A to Z yourself. But U4E is not really preferrably, it seems - not in VR racing at least. The problems are not show-stoppers or neck-breakers, but despite their minor nature they are existent and in themselevs quite noticable. Shadow issues, deficits in AA/AF quality, and ghosting problems are just three of the most prominent things in U4E in VR racing in ACC. Again: these are no showstoppers, but obvious and noticable handicaps.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    The only thing i hate about the graphics in acc is the rear view mirror. That is just a joke, looks like graphics from ´99 or sth. Cant race ACC with VR its like powerpoint presentation.
    More struggles i have with bugs, like pit limiter does not work etc.

BTT: If GTR3 comes, i hope it is polished and not a bugfest. Would be nice to have a game which is good from the start on. Would be sth special these days.

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Pit limiter only work in 1st gear. Are you sure you have 1st gear engaged and not the 2nd or 3rd when you encounter this "bug"?
    In the dozens of hours in ACC I've never encountered this bug.

16. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Interestening. Have to try that. Dont think i was in 1st gear. Always shift in first when i have limited enabled or stoped in other sims. Thanks

17. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Linkedin shows barely any programmers working there, doesn't have to be all employees but well doesn't look good.

if only half that money had been spent on an engine rewrite for R3E over the last years...

18. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    ACC is more realistic than other sims in car handling. Speaking from bugs in case of own inexperience is a dangerous thing.

I drove a 1 h multi-player race today without any issues. Looks great, feels great, just sitting in my cockpit and celebrating

Only problem for me is the amount of tracks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Because the pit limiter only works when in 1st gear?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0