Problem HPP Pedals: Brake Not Binding

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by By-Tor, Jul 13, 2019.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can assign the clutch and the throttle in a custom profile but RR won't recognize the brake. I've read through some of the other "device not recognized" threads and still can't solve the problem. Anyone running HPPs successfully? Any trick? I can see all the pedals just fine in DIVIEW and they work fine in iRacing.

Thanks.

2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Can you assign the brake pedal to gas or clutch (or any other function) ingame?

Edit: just to make sure, did you calibrated the pedals in DiView?

3. By-Tor

By-Tor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I edit the profile, double click on Brake, the brake pedal isn't registering.

DiView: I'm not calibrating any of the 3 pedals in DiView, I just use it to see that they are being recognized by the computer. Is there something I need to do with DiView specifically to get RR to recognize? I believe the HE pedals specifically require DiView but I'm not aware that HPP do. Not required for iRacing, for example.

4. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I think iRacing calibrates the devices ingame, RaceRoom doesn't. That's why I asked. I guess you need to fully turn the wheel/press a pedal to be recognized by the game. If the brake goes only to 80% the game won't see it. Maybe you want to give the calibration a try. :)
    There was another thread a while ago where the clutch didn't worked and it turned out it wasn't calibrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. By-Tor

By-Tor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bingo! Thanks mate!

Now just need to get everything configured. Any sources out there for some standard settings?

6. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Here's a video guide how to calibrate devices in DiView:

• Like Like x 1