DashPanel - Simracing dashboards for Android/iOS/PC/VR.

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Berno, Jan 27, 2016.

1. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    After forced dashpanel update via steam this morning dashpanel server does'nt start anymore.
    And after update the editor in dashpanel client does'nt allow point numbers to scale widgets anymore.

2. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Hey mate,
    Man thats really a strange problem :(
    Do you have an errorlog.txt file in the DashPanelServer folder?
    If you do please send it to pyrofrogstudios@gmail.com.
    Hopefully there is a clue in the log.

If you unplug the button box and then reassign with the wheel button does it work?
    I'll have a closer look at the input code when I get a chance to see how this might happen.

3. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    DashPanel 1.5.8 Update

-Client
    -Start options for Steam.
    -Next page button for pCARS UDP
    -Add widgets list now categorised
    -New widgets: Tyre Temperatures IMO, Stint, Tyre Compound, Warning Light, Performance Bar, Delta Bar, Tyre Temp Indicator IMO
    -Remove long press to exit editor (prevent accidental exit while editing)
    -Fix VR reset (Tracking space is now seated you will have to reset the Y axis value of the overlay in the settings)
    -New layout Performance overlay

-Server
    -Detect Grid 2 and KartKraft

PerformanceOverlay3.png

4. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I missed this message.
    Your virus scanner has probably removed the server file.
    It's best to add an exception to your scanner.
    However I have submitted the file to Microsoft for the n'th time and they have removed the false positive. Again...

We have removed the detection. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.

1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
    2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
    3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Also I have no issues editing decimal values for scale.
    What platform are you running it on?

5. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    1. I told defender to not check my steam folder, server and client working again. And after the Android client was updated also, the client on my Sony Z3 works again. So far so good.
    2. Unplugged the BB, T300 on ID#2, and it works perfect. Re-plugged the BB, T300 on ID#3, stopped working again. And no, i can not change this, BB is on ID#2 automatically. I think the dashpanel server only works with the first two game controller. If you could fix this, that would be awesome. And if we could swap forward and backwards through the pages, that would be a dream! No errorlog.txt file in my server folder.
    3. The problem with the decimal values. Running Win10, latest version, all updates, latest Dashpanel client on PC and Android. German version of windows, and we normaly use the comma for decimal values, maybe thats the problem. Client on Win10 has this problem, Android works fine.

Startet with an empty dash with a shift bar.

Bild1.jpg

So far, so good. But the position values are also corrupt. If i try to scale down the widget, this happens:

Bild2.jpg

No decimal point. If i enter the value per Hand (0.83) this happens:

Bild3.jpg

The widget is now gigantic big, so it's never 0.83 or maybe 83%, its 83 times bigger.
    After try and error i found that i.e. 1.2 is the same size as 12, or when downscaling 9 has the same size as 09 or 0.9 or 0.09 or 0.009 and so on.
    Position values:
    If i enter by hand 1:1 or 2:2 (x:y) it works. As soon as i use the arrows to move the widget the values getting much bigger (without decimal point). If i enter i.e. 3.5 per hand, it becomes a 35 and the widget is out of the screen.

Next interesting behaviour:
    Bild4.jpg

On scale i typed 1.5 and hit enter. The widget gets 15 times the size as normal. 1.5 stays in display. As soon as i klick on the position field, the dot disappears and the 1.5 becomes 15 in scale.
    When i type 1.5 as position and hit enter, the dot disappears immediately, the widget moves 15.
    Tried to use the comma instead of the point, does'nt work.

I hope you understand everything, i am not a native english speaker. Thanks for you help.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  6. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Wow thanks for the detailed write up of the issues.
    During my career most reports from professional software testers have less detail.
    In another language too well done!

Man these are some real tricky problems.
    Can I just give you the previous page button and we forget about the others?? Yes deal? ;)

The controllers are saved with a unique ID so I'm not sure whats going wrong. To make it worse I only have a gamepad to drive with at the moment. I have just read that vJoy can be used to simulate up to 10 input devices so hopefully I can use that to test your issue.

As for the keyboard input issues I think you are right that its an issue with having German keyboards.
    Google and Apple have changed the requirements for uploading applications as they prepare for 64 bit support so I was forced to upgrade my Unity from 2017 - 2018. I always hold off upgrading because things like this always happen.
    I have found a bug for Unity where the commas are causing objects to super size:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...with-experimental-net-4-dot-6?page=1#comments

Are you able to switch your input to english and see if that helps?
    Usually when you have the app open down next to the date and time on the bottom right is the input language. I wonder if you switch to ENG do the problems go away?
    I will switch to German on my end to see if I can reproduce your issues.
    The discouraging thing is that the Unity bug I linked to above hasn't been fixed :(

Thanks again, I'll do my best but these are some hard problems you've given me! ;)

7. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I saw that some of these comma vs dot separator issues are related to the .Net version so I have put up an open beta built with the older version.
    Can you try the open beta and let me know if it fixes anything for you with your german keyboard?
    This has details on how to switch to the open beta for DashPanel on Steam:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/715670/discussions/0/1736595227838102664/

Also can we talk about the bugs on email so we don't fill up the thread on the forum.
    pyrofrogstudios@gmail.com

Thanks!

8. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Could'nt change to english, but the open beta did the trick. Win10 client runs as before, scale and position working again. Thanks!
    As for the controller problem, no rush. I will try to find a temporary workarround for this.
    Previous page would be awesome, maybe also in the editor? Makes copy/paste easier.
    And if i could add something to the wishlist:
    - flashing rpm bar at a certain rpm in a color of my choice
    - when editing shift lights (rpm mode costum), maybe it's better to write in the rpm and not the rpm points %. So you could start the game and use the rpm to costumize your shift lights and don't need an hour try and error to find the correct %-value for this.

Thanks for all your support, great work!

9. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Super!
    I have promoted open beta to the default branch so that this should be fixed for everyone on Steam.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Lucky I found that bug report I never would have thought changing .Net versions could introduce such a problem.

Added your suggestions to the wishlist.
    RPM % is much more universal when changing cars. But yes if you are really tweaking a dash for one car it would be great to be able to put the absolute RPM value in.

I'll let you know when I make progress on the input bug.
    Thanks

10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Is there a server only version for use on the pc? I downloaded the free demo on the pc and on my tablet but When I fire up the pc version it starts the server but also the app on the pc. That is not wanted. I only need the server :D

11. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    When launching thru Steam just select the "Launch DashPanel Server" option for server only.
    This guide also provides details for running the server directly if you don't want to use Steam:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1262132564

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  12. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah sorry, I already found the guides on steam. Better search before asking.
    Anyway, I really like it and I will buy it for the 3 most used sims. RaceRoom, Pcars and AC.
    Thanks for the reply.

13. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    DashPanel 1.5.10 Update

-Add support for Forza (FM7, FH4)
    -Experimental wheel slip warning lights in Dash Display Omega
    -New Boost gauge options Units and Separator
    -Add FromSim RPM light mode for F1 games
    -Fix Ignore global not working for DRS and PTP
    -Add Precision option to Fuel and LowFuelDecimal option
    -Alpha support for Truck Sims (RPM, Speed, Gear)
    -pCars 1/2 now supports Energy Total
    -Differential widget for F1 2018-19
    -Fix for lines not drawing in VR
    -Fix for USBD480 not setting to correct resolution
    -Plugin updater fix for both 32 and 64 bit registry keys

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    DashPanel Update

-Client 1.6.0
    In app dashboard sharing with mod.io
    pCars 2 UDP reader added
    Map for pCars 1/2 UDP
    New damage widgets for R3E, pCars, F1 2017-19
    ACC/R3E/iRacing now supports TC and ABS widget
    Fuel To Finish widget
    ARB for iRacing
    Add wheelslip options to Warning Light
    Add TargetTyre for Tyre widgets
    Set default dashboard option
    Step mode, min/max settings added to solid bar widgets
    SLI F1 widget and dashboard
    Seg7 bold italic font
    Launch on Start-up option

-Server 1.7.4.0
    Correctly offset brake bias for all ACC cars
    Map for ACC
    Launch on Start-up option
    Server can now recover from corrupt configuration files

Sharing.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again Berno for this update! No time to create some new dashs itm, but still my fav app!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again to you for being a guinea pig and testing it out ;)
    By this morning there are 150+ dashboards up so even if no time for creating there is lots to look at.
    I love this feature, lets me see things you guys do with the editor that I never expected!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    That much. :eek:.
    Cool, I need to test them all out...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Will there be an AMS2 connection as well?

19. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It might already work, someone told me the exe names and I updated the server a few hours ago.
    I'm not in a position to check personally. Are you in the beta? Care to try it now?
    After a year of just getting by with 100gig data a month on a mobile plan I finally get unlimited internet soon.
    Look forward to downloading the release of AMS2!! :)

20. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I’ll check later today. I was in the Beta indeed. We tried to fix a problem with the licensing as you perhaps remember :D but I believe we turned the beta off.

edit: do you have any eta on the buttonbox option we talked about before? Or is this not possible to implement?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020