Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    That would be awesome! :)

2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    1.06 is out. Blue Flags now in QUAL...

Nice Maneuver today with a guy from suisse...was pure fun....sadly he won at the end...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I played ACC offline, a race without rain and another with rain.

In both cases I found the FFB excellent, you can notice every detail of the asphalt, even debris outside the driving area (with a different sound in each case).

Besides the AI is very good, generally the group is divided into three and you can fight hard without reaching aggression (having the possibility of setting it up).

ACC is incredible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I haven't used R3E for awhile now, but tried out the new WTCC 19 cars, so whilst being away I spent alot of time with ACC, so the 1st thing I noticed is the graphics when coming back, for the 1st time since the release of Raceroom it's looking tied and old, don't get me wrong it's not crap but time is catching up fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    But it runs butter smooth. I don’t have a slow system but ACC is hardly to play well on a triple 1440p system. Better a bit less GFX and high performance than state of the art GFX with the speed of a snail in a jar of glue.

6. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, right. But F1 2014 runs smooth as butter, too.

You can turn the things down you dont need. As i did. I drive VR only, and can not understand the trouble some guys have. Yeah, maybe there is something weird going on with some HW components, but i can luckywhise rund it with well looking settings...

BTW: I drove yesterday my first 2h race in Silverstone. Starting 15 oclock with 12 x time multiplier.
    It was awesome. When the sun sank down the horizon, i lost about 1 psi in the tires and the car was noticable loosing grip. THIS you have in no other sim, and thats what a real sim needs to have.

As well as the changes on the track. This rubber abrasion outside the corners...becoming more and more, and very well noticable on the wheel...just great....

If there would not be this deficiency of good circuits...

7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I have VR but I do like my triple monitor setup as well. And that is the problem with ACC, it does not support triple screen setup. I can’t play on my res 7680x1440 with sharp image. The framerate will drop to a slide show. Even on my PC. On 5760x1080 it is much better but I still can’t set it so the image is getting sharp. It stays a bit blurred. Not close to the car but further in the distance. Just like we see in VR.

8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yes, understand. But in this case i can not say anything about, cause i dont use triples. I speak just about my point of view...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Aristotelis:
    So courtesy of @Fernando Barbarossa, you get almost all that you asked for... :D
    We still need to check something regarding all cars world position, once we're done, I'll let you know what we did.

Still it might take some time to release, because it is scheduled with 1.06 which I'm not sure when it will be out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  11. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Kerbs are undriveable, you basically spin everytime your inner tyre get onto them in a tight corner (i.e. bus stop in Spa was insane).

The problem I have with this is, that from the monent they tried the current tyre model on any laser scanned mesh, they had to known that the one-point tyre model just cannot handle such track fidelity. Yet they had no problem to go ahead with the "full" release, while dismissing all people who reported weird grip behavior, in situation they now explain in detail in blogpost.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    While obviously there is an issue with kerbs since they admitted there is, it must have a lot to do with driving style, since I simply do not have your problem in this totality. I said all the time the kerbs felt okay to me. I do not spin on them, not in the dry, and not in the wet. But then, I do not drive the car as if I were riding a bull at rodeo. The kerbs are not track surface, some difference they should make - else their presence would be pointless. And with some kerbs at the Mordschleife for example I expect and demand to get kicked at the tyre by some invisible giant if I am stupid enough to abuse them. Some kerbs simply are not to be used.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Kerb is just colored concrete, there is no reason why, in dry, it should offer significantly less grip. The roughness of the kerb might cause some decrease in grip, but that should be easily handled by the tyres, considering the pressures GT3 cars run their tyres at.

They are used and abused throughout the motosport world, as you're considered off-track only when all fours wheels are beyond the white line. So having one side of your car on kerbing is pretty much normal.

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Kerbs are just coloured concrete? :rolleyes: Aris would smile when reading this, for if you were right, their work suddenly would be so much easier. But the essay by Aris should indicate to you, that the issue is a bit more complex than you paint it as.

Kerbs can be flat or high, steep or gentle, sharp-toothed or not so. They can bite your tyre, kick your tyre, or none of that. They can have edges, or none. Your tyre can get kicke dif orlling about a bad oine, and you can feel almpost nopthing when rolling over a gentle one, or the firts one but at an different angle - dpeneding ont he kerb'S geometry.

They are a bit more than just coloured concrete. ;)

Myself I like when aggressive kerbs bite and kick the tyre on the Nordschleife. There are some that I avboid at any cost. And there are others where I roll over passively, and only very few I aggressively attack with pressed pedal. That is in correspondence with what drivers on the real Nordschleife say on TV: some you can use, others not, best is to generally stay away from them.

No, I fear kerbs can be a bit more than just coloured concrete. ;) You need to individually know how they are to understand what they are like, and whether you can abuse them - OR BETTER NOT. The track geometry they are embedded in at that part of the track where the driving-over takes plac,e necessarily also must play a role, as long as the laws of physics are not cancelled. A kerb on top of a peak may be differenbt to dfrive over than the same kerb geometry at the bottom of a dive. The condition of the weight transfer to the sides that the car is in, the lift of weight when going over a hill and the lost grip of tyres - all this must necessarily play a role.

As long as the kerb is just the straight coloured line painted on a straight part of the track and on level ground - then it indeed is just the same concrete like the track surface, just in another colour.

When I was young, we travelled back and forth between Westgermany and West-Berlin, on marked transit routes through the Eastern zone that Westerners were not allowed to leave. There were four of these, and ocne you wer enroute on one, you could not turn and take another if you found out you took the wrogn one - you had to travel it right to the end in Berlin or Westgermany again (this could happen if you started in Berlin and were not familiar with the city). Needless to say, the quality of the Autobahn surface and the way it were laid out, differed significantly. Smooth and gentle in the West, but in the East hard, with often aggressive side rims and asphalt seams between the concrete plates of which the Eastern Autobahnen were made (I suppose because it was cheaper and more resistent to tank tracks). In a way it sometimes felt as if the whole Autobahn was made of just kerbs. LOL :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  15. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    If i can´t drive on the curbs like i see them doing in the IRL race streams then theres something wrong with the game...

Lets hope these tire model imrovements will fix the curb issues...

Tbh thats the only problem i currently have with ACC...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I think after even Thiim said the curbs were all wrong they couldn't get away with continuing to lie. They have a long history of insulting and banning people for pointing out this obvious flaw. Telling people they don't know how to drive and that they don't know what they're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Have to agree with SkyBird here, apart from a couple of curbs when in early access never really had a issue using the curbs, the few I did have issue's with turned out to have mapping problems, I'm looking forward to trying the new trye model.

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It is complex to simulate, because of the surface unevenness, but in reality it is pretty straight forward. You have a soft tyre that is pressurised to around 180Kpa (afaik that is around the number GT cars run), and it will deform to provide grip.

You keep talking abourt nordschleife, and sure, kerbing there can bite. But that is for the reason they are higher and unsettle the car. Not becasue the tyre magicaly break traction when touching them.

I'm talking about the regular kerbing you find around most modern tracks, i.e. https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/976/mcs/media/images/68466000/png/_68466984_turn4still.png
    As the video above demostrate, even they experience sudden loss of grip. Just because you like it, doesn't mean it is realistic, which in the end a simulator should aim for. What sense would it make IRL to place anything at the edge of track that would have a tendency of breaking tyre traction suddenly and randomly.... in this era of safe track desing.

19. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Kunos always leave me a little confused. They've been using single point contact because, with the AI using the same physics, they couldn't use multi-point contact as it was too processor intensive. But now they can use multi-point contact and at no performance cost. But the AI won't use it because they don't need it. And if they did use it it would affect game performance.

As someone who has had issues with ACC and kerbs - I am very much looking forward to 1.0.7, especially with the improvements in traction control making the cars easier to drive.

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The same like placing a wall left and right: to tell drivers "don't go here". And to give them a physical reminder of that they are playing with fire.

This is track racing, not figure skating on an open plain. The kerbs are the outer periphery of the track'S main inside. There the transitionfrom "track" to "not track" takes place. It makes sense to let drivers know that they are touching the most outer border.

However. They work on it what-ever-it-is. As long as they do not render the kerbs completely useless, I probably will be fine with it, like I am fine with how it is now. I am a simple man and I live a simple life.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019