Traction control settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Jul 14, 2019.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, quick question, when you used to change traction control settings it used to flash up on the screen what level it was being changed to. I have not had that occur for quote a when now.
    Had this been taken out of the game?
    I found it very useful.
    Cheers

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's still working on my game (as of yesterday anyway)

3. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I wonder why not on mine?

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Have you moved hud elements? Still shows for me.

5. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Haven't moved anything, didn't know you could.

6. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
  7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    it works for me, can you let me know what your screen resolution is?

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well mine still works but is now on my left screen, rather than the centre as in the past, trouble is, so now is everything, chat any os messages, darned annoying. Can they be moved back or does this mean I will have to set my nVidia surround up again @J-F Chardon ?

9. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    2560 X 1080

10. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Is there any setting that turns on or off screen messages?

11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I tried to fake 2560x1080 with nvidia control panel and go this result:

It appears the message is offset to the left

Attached Files:

12. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I don't get that at all, will try again tomorrow night though and report back, thanks.

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This might sound trivial but make sure to use a car that has factory TC. WTCR f.e. don't have factory TC and afaIk you don't see any notification when pressing the assigned buttons cause it doesn't change the TC step. Same goes for artificial TC (setting TC to "on" instead of "factory").

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  14. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    So I have been driving with TC on And tried a few things based on Christians post above, so my findings are as follows.
    If you set it to factory TC then when I am in car and I change the TC setting it shows up on screen.
    If I turn TC to on in the settings then it does not show up on screen when I change TC settings, this applies for cars that have TC and those that don't.
    If I drive a car that does not have TC but I turn it to on then the TC settings are still greyed out in the car setup section and I can't turn TC on.
    So a couple of questions then:
    1. If I turn TC to on in the settings why can I not change the TC settings in car when driving?
    2. If I turn TC to on in the settings then why is it still greyed out in the car setup options?
    3. With TC turned to on in the settings does it turn it on, on all cars but it is automatically set to 100% therefore you cannot change its value to less if need be?
    I think this is in line with Christians post above.
    Thanks for the help so far everyone, it is greatly appreciated.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Setting TC to 'on' instead of 'factory' enables what we internally refer to as "artificial TC" (same goes for ABS on). This setting enables a fixed TC at maximum level and in case the car doesn't have any TC irl, an additional 15 kg weight penalty will be applied to make up for the advantage gained.
    So your assumption under #3 is correct, it doesn't enable the TC steps (cause for cars without TC irl those steps aren't set). Imo it's best to leave the TC setting on 'factory', unless you have a car without TC and want or need TC, then you have to set it to 'on' but will receive the weight penalty. I made a quick overview about the assists and their effects when we introduced them, maybe it helps.
    upload_2019-7-16_8-23-21.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian, that clears it up completely, I now know why it was not showing up on screen.
    Hopefully this may be of use to anyone else that has a similar query.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I'm running at 5840 x 1080 with triples and this is driving me nuts, missing all the abuse being thrown at me on MP.
    When nVidia surround is set up each monitor gets a number, being a weirdo I number from left to right, would this be the problem?

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    General convention is that the centre screen would be number 1. Is it a huge faff to change them?

19. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I consider anything I have to do because someone else did something, a huge faff old chap. It's not really a huge commitment of my time but the peeing about with other software, that does prefer the left to right numbering of the monitors, will mean the collective time will inevitably be more than S3 coming up with a fix, by some margin.
    Now if it's just a case of a couple one & zero's being misplaced, all well and good but if it requires delaying anything, I can live with the issue for as long as it takes, just feels like it's an error rather than an improvement side effect, saying that, they're tinkering with the HUD code so could be a forced issue, until the guilty HUD items get to be mobile to match the rest.
    Being a layabout, shirking procrastinator I will no doubt use my default method and wait til someone else sorts it. ;)
    I'm enjoying myself just driving at the moment, I don't give a tom tit what people are saying or how many corners I've cut, as far as I'm concerned if I don't see it, it's not there! :)

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

That's a fair statement. I completely agree its annoying when things that worked now don't through no fault of your own..... I'm sure it will be sorted at some point.