Shifted some HUD elements after last update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skswat, Jul 10, 2019.

1. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    After update, which fixed some cool things on ultra wide displays like Samsung 49" some new bugs come up with misaligned hud elements. Mainly the text and informative messages are shifted to the left and its unable to move them to different position.
    Before this update they were aligned in the middle of screen like they probably should be.

Here are some screenshots with examples.

vlcsnap-2019-07-10-18h40m39s377_LI.jpg vlcsnap-2019-07-10-18h40m45s524_LI.jpg vlcsnap-2019-07-10-18h40m51s012_LI.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. benprojekt

benprojekt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem with the Box Screen. It´s in the middle of my view.

Attached Files:

3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Driver info needs to be re-arranged (over the cars) I see them wrong with triple screens.
    Start lights re-arranged to the center screen.

Make it possible to switch the chat visibility to "on/off in game".
    I don't mind the chat box on the left screen but would like to have it total OFF. Don't want to see rants or the foul language used by some drivers. (If not possible, re-arrange it back to center screen) Found out that my previous errors happend when I had the FOV different from the default 1x in game.
    See attached picture.

20190710215929_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Also the names above other cars are sometimes completely off the car position. Mainly when car is on the side of the monitor. But its like that for a long time, way before this last update. Probably it has to do with game maximum supported aspect ratio.
    Pls add proper 32:9 support :sweatsmile:

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just letting you know that we acknowledge the issue. Fellow tester had it once during testing but it just disappeared and he couldn't reproduce it so far.
    Can you try with a fresh documents folder (rename Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience) to see if that fixes the issue?

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to drag some things like chat, penaltys and pit instruction box to other places now?

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The notification area (which tells you about track cuts, invalidated laps etc.) has been added to the list of moveable HUD elements but those you mentioned are still locked in their place for now. I'm not sure if this is due to a technical limitation or if they can make them editable too, but if they can, I'm sure they will eventually. One step at a time. ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Great to hear. Could you ask this question? It would be highly appreciated.

10. benprojekt

benprojekt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

pls add the pitstop window to moveable HUD. I can´t drive safe with the window in the FOV

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile you can bind a button to toggle it: Edit Assignments>Pit Menu Toggle

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Driver names are off to the left for me also including results screen and anything else that is hard coded on triple screens, I deleted my documents folder and started afresh but it's exactly the same?

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    For me, it´s about perfect apart from the end of race countdown and low fuel alerts, which both pop up in the middle of the screen and can´t be resized or moved as far as I can see.

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    No it doesn't, all info to the left monitor, hotfix required old beans, somethings gone awry. Tad trivial but rather perplexing to say the least.

15. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    The main one is the driver names being completely off, I need those to know who I'm going to pass as it helps as I know peoples driving styles, the rest is trivial.

16. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    it’d be great to have an option to
    • display/hide the in-game HUD
    Or
    • Simply be able to move/scale every element in the HUD.

17. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Would be good to have possibility to manually turn on all possible HUD elements to be able move/resize them all at once. Some things you see only in certain situations during race when you dont have time to move them.

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well S3 swiftly fix the info on left screen issue, bravo!
    Not sure if it's me being daft but did the driver names not used to be displayed above the car? All mine appear to be on the tarmac, about 10' behind the relevant car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the screen eye height, there is a button you can map to move the screen up and down to match eye line, I noticed when I did this this that the driver names dropped down to the tarmac

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If you could provide a screenshot please, that would be helpful. I assume you're using some sort of wide resolution (ultrawide or triples)?