FOV Setting has no effect - where is my fault

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SvenT, Jul 23, 2019.

1. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey there,
    I´m running R3E on triple setup and have the startup options in Steam set wit distances, angles and so on.

Yesterday I put the data of my setup in the FOV calculator and it told me that 0,8 is the correct value.
    So I changed the value (in my german version it´s called "Sichtfeld"), started a training session in Sepang with a CLK DTM2003 and saw no effect.

I then tried the minimum and maximum settings from 0,5 to 1,3 but again...there is no change that I can recognize.

Then I configured 2 buttons to increase and decrease the FOV.
    If I then use these buttons the viewing area changes....

So I assume, that the FOV parameter has no effect if I have a triple and start R3E with the start option "triscr" in Steam.
    Can anyone confirm this or did I make a mistake or something wrong ?

Regards
    Sven

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the FOV setting is supposed to do anything when you are running triple screens. The game automatically calculates the correct FOV for your setup based on your parameters.

3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I mapped the 4 tri-screen options to my keyboard to further fine tune the FOV and eye level height

4. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    The triple screen launch option, will in fact calculate the correct fov for you, but you can further change it as described above by mapping keys for increasing / decreasing and resetting the fov and also the eye level (which when accurate, ensures things like barriers align properly across your 3 screens) The fov option in the menus is not used for Triples.

5. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks for the answers, so my assumption that the paramater has no effectin triple setups is right...

Thanks
    S.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well it was recently mentioned that your in Sim FOV should be 1, you then adjust your seat position per car.
    I was previously using a FOV of 0.8 but tried 1 and it all feels far more natural now, so I would go for this as a rule of thumb and work from there.

7. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    That depends if you want accurate fov, which is based on distance from the screens and dimensions of the screens. Hence how R3E can calculate it based on triple params.

1 = 58 degrees fov (single screen)
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fov-setting-multiplier-explained.142992/
    That's too high for my setup (if I was on single screen)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I assume he meant for triples....but you are completely correct, for single screens 1 is a completely arbitrary starting point. Set up should be as in that post. I wish there was a proper in game fov calculator then the fov threads wouldn't come up every couple of months....