Ryzen 9 3900x vs. i9 9900k for RaceRoom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yornovich, Jul 19, 2019.

1. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Also, I have yet to see a publication benchmark these cpus against each other in R3E RF2 AC or even ACC. It will only happen if some of us happens to own both.

2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't really matter which sim you choose, all of them are limited by the performance of 2 threads at maximum, so it's always single-threaded performance that gets you more fps. ACC does use a few more threads on top of that to a decent amount, but should not be limited by those even on a 6-core, non-HT i5. The most interesting comparison would be PCars 2, since it normally uses around 3 threads decently (plus, like ACC, a few more lightly), but for that reason, it is also a lot more GPU-bound than the other titles.

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    No, if you have 10% per core, then even overall it is 10%. Stop misleading people with unlogical math.

You have two groups of 8 people, you sent them to gather supplies. One group returns after 10minuts, the other group returns after 11minutes (10%). By your logic you got the supplies from the second group 8 minutes later, because each person of that group took 10% more to return....

• Agree Agree x 1