Question Mandatory pitstop

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bull Shark, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I have setup a race with 11laps and a mandatory pitstop. In Lap 3 I get the message that the pit window is open. Next lap I go into the pit, refuel and away. But it never counts as the mandatory stop. Within 2 laps I still need to do my mandatory stop. What do I wrong?

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    You must change the tyres in a mandatory pit too for it to count.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Lol. That could be the problem. Thanks will try it.

4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Need to change minimum of two tyres for it to count

5. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    When I look at the pit strategy I do not see an option to change tyres. I see hard tires for example but when I click on the tires there is no way I can change them to soft eg. or tell to swap tires..

6. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    make them green

7. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    ? Ok, thus as they are marked green they get swapped? Nice.. then that is what I do wrong.
    I noticed the green selection but after that I wanted to change it to soft but nothing happened so I clicked again and the box turns to grey again. Lol.. thanks...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    That worked indeed.
    Can anybody explain me how this whole mandatory pitstop works in general?
    I can set a time but what does this time means? Is this the minimum time you have to be in for a pitstop?

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    In a race with a mandatory pit stop there will be a pit window. I forget exactly how the window is calculated... in our regular 40 minute races, it starts 10 minutes into the race and finishes 10 minutes before the end, so lasts for 20 minutes. You must make a pitstop within this window for it to count as your mandatory stop. (You can still stop outside the window if you wish... it just won't count.)

10. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is correct but what has the time to do with this? It is set to 2min but what does it do or where is this meant for?

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea what time you are talking about now. :confused:

12. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    See image, Minimal pitstop duration.

[​IMG]

13. Boremar

Boremar Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I agree that this option is not easy to figure out. I would like to figure it out.

With a single stop within the pit window, I believe your time from pit entry to pit exit must be greater than or equal to the "Min Pitstop Duration". My goal was to use it as a way to have a driver swap mid race, giving time to switch out drivers. I have not tested enough how this impacts a race where you make more than a single stop.

When there was more than a single stop the AI seemed to be behaving strangely, taking fuel and tires on one stop and serving either the full "Min Pitstop Duration" or the "Min Pitstop Duration" that they had remaining (unsure which one) on a second stop after their first fuel and tire stop. This gave me an unfair advantage because I did everything on a single stop. The quick solution was to setup the race so that no fuel or tires were required, but that is not ideal.

It takes a full race to test this and it is not easy to analyze after the fact because I can't find a way to look at all lap times and pitstop durations for the AI to figure out what they actually did in the race. Looking at replays is a major pain.

So in summary, I wish this setting was better explained in the game so we didn't have to figure it out on out own. I want to use it but it is not straight forward.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Some race series have a minimum time you must be in the pit lane, it allows for safe driver changes etc. The time in game is for the time you enter the pitlane the time you leave (not time actually stopped).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The AI handling of pitstop strategy isn't very good at the moment unfortunately, they can't seem to make good decisions when both fuel and tyres are involved. I always run with fuel use off over longer races. It's not realistic, but it at least means the AI don't make stupid stops.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. A pity it is not worked out better atm but I know now where it is used for.
    I mostly do 11 lap races, so a pitstop is not needed but I do like add the pitstops in the race so that is why I set it to mandatory.

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Set to mandatory, zero minimum time and fuel use off. Should give you good races. You can use the tyre multiplier to make tyre wear more of a thing of you wish.

• Like Like x 1