Opinions wanted about RRE physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbfan, Jun 5, 2019.

1. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I am using a Fanatec 2.5. I actually just tried lowering the steering rack and increasing the vertical and lateral. It does help. I will have to keep tweeking

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok can't help you with specifics then as I'm on ts300. Also enable damper on your wheel and use some of the in game damper. It helps a lot.

3. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Will do thanks.

4. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Also would love a club level FWD car in the game. Clio, Golf, Mini, etc

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Minis would be awesome. Still very popular in automobilista.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I raced the Mini yesterday in AMS, still a blast to drive this car.

7. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    The good thing with rFactor 2 is, the ffb works out of the box. You only have to adjust the strength, that's it, no testing and changing is settings that might be better or not. For me out feels the best of all sims. I can clearly feel the grip in turns and there is grip. Raceroom is sliding a lot, soap and I don't really feel it. rFactor2 and Sebring is awesome. I terms of AI rFactor2 is also the best. But the rest is uncompleted

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Any estimates regarding the GT3 and other class cars improvements? Not saying that is necessary but there was a plan from memory?

9. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    great news here

Also heard about GT3 magical update and a brand new GT3 near the end of the year :D

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, some Gt3s - the older ones in the lower cost packs, for instance, are totally uncompetitive against AMG or 911.

For me that´s a way bigger priority than messing with DTM 92, which are nice to drive and reasonably balanced between themselves as is.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You are comparing GT3 bop with DTM 92 physics, no matter what the series, older cars tend to be uncompetitive\slower, the way of the world. The DTM 92 while well balanced performance wise are dogs to drive, too easy, floaty canal boats on a road, the GT3s feel pretty good, the DTMs dont, they need a whole lot of love, bop is bop, road feel isnt, there is no on the edge feeling, you can just push and push and push and they take it, i dont know how real that is ive never driven one, but im guessing as with any race car there is a limit and the car lets you know when your close to it, on it or you crossed it, you never seem to be able to cross that limit in the DTMs.

This is personal opinion, wiser heads may disagree but the current FRj would be a great base to start the DTMs with especially considering the limited setup options and they are simillar in speeds, neutralise the FRj a little, add adjustable gears, power, coast and preload, wing adjustments, boom, you have a winner, no-one will have a clue, you then have a tricky, difficult to drive DTM just as they should be, lol ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  12. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Funnily enough I tried a whole bunch of cars today (having changed my FFB settings plus I had a new rim to test) including the DTM 92 for the first time. The DTMs were the only ones that felt poor, a really strange floaty sensation at speed when the wheel is straight. In other respects they were quite fun, but I don’t think I could overlook the floaty feeling.

I didn’t know that they hadn’t had the update, until I checked. There’s definitely something wrong with them, and I’d live it if @Alex Hodgkinson could have a fiddle with them when he has a moment :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    True, but my point was that with limited time and resources for development, I´d rather see it being spent on correcting stuff that gives some cars in the same PAY 2 PLAY class an unfair advantage rather than messing with the physics of a class which is more equal and also the most fun to drive as is. I think it´s good to have classes where you can experience different sensations and have different setup limitations otherwise it all becomes a bit samey and the best players are the ones with the best FFB and car setups.

15. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    DTM92, Touring Classics, GTR3, it's all happening.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    We all pay to play, i would rather a consistent experience across the board, the FRj feels fantastic, really nice to drive, gt3s really good, i dont drive the modern dtms or many other classes but i do like to jump into an old DTM server for a race, they are really well balanced performance wise but feel like shit to drive, they should be feeling as good as the rest of the game, get all the older classes updated whilst bringing out the new stuff, then when all caught up start to focus on the other issues.

Go drive the GT3 then follow it with the FRj then drive the DTM92 nothing samey about any of them, but the most obvious issue is how poor the DTM feels on the road compared to the others.

Aliens or normal? Aliens typically have lower FFB settings for quicker response they also tend to use obscure car setups that look nothing like you might expect a performance car to be set like, observations from shared laps on here and a few vids. Normal fast drivers probably spent time creating a setup that looks almost normal if a little off but suits their driving style. As for FFB, i spent 3-4 days getting my FFB to feel how "I" like it, if that aids me in a driving game then all the better, if it means i feel more than the next guy or it helps me react to a certain situation or car action quicker than you or the next guy, great, but i worked on it for exactly that!

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    May as well face it, if there is new suspension and damage models arriving, then all classes will have to be updated, end of!
    Move along, nothing to see here!

18. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    And while we're on this subject, let's change it to....
    How about the Porsche 935. I know we have the Fabcar, but the factory car would be amazing to drive in RE3.
    Oh and throw in a few Ferrari's and Lamborghinis. Thanks;)

19. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Foofer37 Don't turn this into a car wishlist!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    iR's cars jump like rubber balls. This is very funny, but where is physics here? :)