Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    This is what we have in the FR2 and the FRX-17.

One clever trick you have though, is that the liveries between different teams are reversed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That is just not true. There are 34 different drivers across all the cars. None are repeated and all have unique numbers. Some are in "teams" some are single car entries.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    To be frank, if I had one wish regarding RR's business structure, it'd be making liveries free or items you can obtain by "grinding" (drive x clean laps = gain 1 livery token or sth in that direction). But as we don't have that by now, I doubt sth like this will happen (sadly, cause I'm convinced it could bring in quite a number of people who don't use RR due to micro transactions).

I had another idea for team liveries when we were testing the FR 90 class, creating additional "team livery packs" which people like you could buy if they wanted to have that team racing feeling. That way nobody would be forced to buy them when going for the car pack. But we also have to consider that making these additional liveries doesn't come free and if there's only a handful of people who buy them, it might simply not be cost effective.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    If you don't try you'll never know.
    What if you give it a change with the risk, if it don't work, the cost is for the player and will lose the livery and if you quit after a while
    And don't get your vrp points back.
    It's just an idea
    :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    True, but I'm not the one to make these kinds of decisions. I'm just a bloke being Mr Smartypants about it and dropping random ideas. ;)

As everything always is, this would definitely be more complicated than it sounds at first. They'd probably have to change the store quite a bit to make those packs work the way laid out above and it would also need integration with existing packs, premium pack and so on. I can only guess that they are somewhat reluctant to open that can of worms with the prospect of little return on the investment (of money and developer time).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Same people that would prefer total liveries realism are the one that would be able to grind indeed, or become just that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Some new ideas:
    Personalised car stickers (Changeable Nationality on top of the car eg. Audi TT Cup; Name on the car windows; Race Number...) Maybe a problem with licensed cars and series, but maybe possible for Silhouette Concepts and Prototypes?

These position indicator bars at the front and side windows of the cars:

[​IMG]

And, as mentioned by some others: SPARKS!

Attached Files:

8. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry if it has been suggested before, but I would like Raceroom to implement ACC's idea of having two default setups available: a regular/safe setup, and a more agressive/lively setup.

I find most Raceroom cars to be very stiff and understeery in their default setups, which I personally don't like very much. Sometimes I can make them a bit looser (add some oversteer), however my sim racing time is getting more and more limited so it would be nice to be able to get a decent agressive setup out of the gate, without spending all my available time, and also becouse my knowledge of car setups is almost none so it's mostly trial and error for me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Id love option to manipulate camera placement in vr monitor feed or atleast move current default one slightly back, its very limited

10. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    More use for vrp.

Possibility to rent a server with vrp.
    Possibility to transfer vrps between accounts.
    Possibility to set vrp entry fees and rewards on dedicated and rented servers.

MOTD for servers. It would give communities and leagues opportunity for advertisement.

11. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to bring this up again, but I just recognised we had the position bar already at the GTM 2018 Reallife cars...but not on our ingame ones...
    Real Life.jpg Raceroom.jpg

12. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it is a feature that I have over looked but, how about on the fly adjustable ARB’s.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Do any of the cars we have in game have that irl?

14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure the indycars have them irl. But since we dont have an indycar in the game.. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Well, now we do :D
    Indycar....png
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I think so too. I have a championship I’m currently running with Indy.

17. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    So, as we all know, the VW ID.R is due for release in a few months.

So, to go with the electric theme, I think that the Formula RaceRoom E(lectric) should be considered.

18. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    If the front bumper or front wing is lost due to a race incident, it will take too long to repair.
    In a real race, trained professionals can finish their work in just seconds.

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Different cars take different lengths of time, as in real life. Eg wing on a formula car is much quicker than replacing the front of a GT3 car (which in real life would not take seconds at all)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    Thank you,I understood.

Even in a closed-body car such as a prototype car or GT3, the work can be completed in about 20-30 seconds.
    It is designed to be easily installed.

At R3E, I feel that these cars take more than a minute.