Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. Alexander Asner

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Ok, sorry is the newer version working now? Because I still have the old one which works perfectly fine.

3. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    There is an update without content detention but it has affected the participation a lot. At least in the daily races every 3 hours. Although I see that in the weekly race categories as well. I think if it continues like this, it will end up finishing SRS in Raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I've not been able to get any version to work since the update, may well be one reason why participation is so low. Have to say the chosen series don't rock my boat either, so there's another reason for the diminishing grids. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people believe the S3 soon™ promise, does actually mean soon and are waiting for RR's internal ranking system to appear (good luck with that one). On top of all this, summers coming to the Northern Hemisphere, sun's out, guns out. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Alexander Asner

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    If I look at the races the weeks before it is obvious that participation broke down after the update. Obviously no one has seen that there is fix. Plus I would love the not so obvious races and cars to not disappear.

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh there is a fix, but it's not a full blown fix, in fact it's just a pain of a fix.

7. Alexander Asner

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    But why is it a pain? Other than the missing content detection it does what it should.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The are a few people figuring out the SRS re-install fix. We had 33 drivers in the Porsche cup race at Nordschleife. I was happy to get 8th in a race full of Germans. They take their Nordschleife very seriously. I may have done better, but I waited too long to pass a slow driver and he decided he could try to run door to door for 3 turns after I had made a clean pass. I eventually put a good gap on him and went back on the chase. Very good group of drivers.

9. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Why are there so few races on SRS these days? Only 1 GT3 race per day is not much use. I had a race last night with 28 participants and it was pretty good but waiting around all day for 1 race isn't much fun!

10. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    tomorrow begins the new season. You see only the last races of this season.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    great, just getting back into the online racing so hoping there will be more races throughout the day

12. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  14. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Would be lovely to have 40 or 60 minute GTR 3 races. 20 minutes is just not worth the trouble in my opinion and there are no real life racing series that run 20 minute format either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess SRS is addressing the more casual "hop-in" Simracer, while yeah, a lot of potential blown in the wind.

16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I prefer the short races. I look at the whole srs thing as a way to get some clean casual racing. If i wanted to do longer races that might require some preparation and are a bit more serious in general then leagues would probably be the better option and id be surprised if there werent always a few around that run the gt3s but i could also be wrong about that :D

17. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I prefer the short races as well. Maybe if R3E becomes more popular at SRS they're gonna host longer races. Maybe they've already tried it, and there was not enough interest.
    I think you sell SRS short to call it a place for the "casual hop-in simracer". It is a well managed, structured system, where you can race for championships.

18. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Maybe one of you guys can answer a question I have. I registered on sim racing system website, got the confirmation email it sent but it still is telling me that I don't have access to pages and only valid accounts can access the content. How can that be?, I got the email they sent me to confirm my account?

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    How long has it been since you received that email?

20. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday