Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Do I need to download and install the game specific app first ?

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    As far as i know the whole srs thing is operated by a single guy who has to manually activate your account. So if it takes another day or two i wouldnt worry too much. But after that its probably best to try and contact him some way to ask about it

Edit: dont think you need the app first but i guess downloading it wont hurt either

3. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    alright, I'll see what happens.

Now is this a separate list of servers outside of the what servers are listed in the game ? Cause most of the time the servers are empty or have very few people when I go in the multiplayer section.

4. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately participation doesnt seem great at the moment so youre probably seeing all there is

5. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Participation is better in the European evening, you can check this at the results page at the srs website.
    Have had some good racing this week.

6. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Like 5 -6 pm U.K. time? I’m 5 hrs back from there

7. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    From 19:00 GMT or so. GTR3 is most popular, but DTM is good too. Usually the first days of the week is the best.
    Little tip, read the raceroom application instructions carefully. It's not difficult, but most problems occur when these are not followed.
    http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2435

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Then itll get rather difficult for you if you have to work during the afternoon anyways. The latest race that starts is at 7 pm eastern time. And thats definitely later than the peak player times. Id say those are somewhere between 4 and 9 uk time but realistically 5 to 7 probably is best

9. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yeah I work 8-am-4-pm Mon-Fri. ESR has a drop in race at 10-pm my time but I usually end up missing that too. I don't care who I run with as long as its clean. Most american drivers here don't race clean so its usually a wreckfest. I'm not a pro by any means but if I cant make a pass cleanly don't I don't it.. But even if you have a clean option , sometimes you'll get run off the road. Although that was when I ran multiplayer races on Forza before I got back to PC and was able to afford to rebuild then discovered Raceroom. So I haven't tried any races on here yet.

10. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yeah I work 8-am-4-pm Mon-Fri. ESR has a drop in race at 10-pm my time but I usually end up missing that too. I don't care who I run with as long as its clean. Most american drivers here don't race clean so its usually a wreckfest. I'm not a pro by any means but if I cant make a pass cleanly don't I don't it.. But even if you have a clean option , sometimes you'll get run off the road. Although that was when I ran multiplayer races on Forza before I got back to PC and was able to afford to rebuild then discovered Raceroom. So I haven't tried any races on here yet.

11. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    We race between 3 pm and 7 pm your time at RWB international. On Thursday we have a public server up that is monitored for clean racing. Discord link is here. https://www.rwbracing.club/

12. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I will look into it