International RWB International - FR-X17 - F1 League 2019

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by RWB Rodders, Jul 18, 2019.

1. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    RWB are very happy to announce the FR-X17 - F1 League 2019. It's a no holds barred 12 weeks of F1 over 12 weeks using real and non-F1 tracks, cherry picked for the Raceroom FR-X17's.

High end Formula often puts some off but those that love it, love it! This league aims to get at least 20 such drivers each race, committed to the F1 experience, high DF and speed. There are 32 driver places available.

Each race will be streamed and commentated by our team and something special to be part of.

Full info and signup is available on Raceapp - https://raceapp.eu/#/Series/437?tab=booking&settings=settingsSeries

Discord: https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    PM'd

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate what you're saying and I'm not going to judge RWB solely on this experience, but I have to agree with my teammate and withdraw. The pile ups at the start, the DNFs (I don't think 16/22 is a particularly good ratio either, to be honest), the back marker issues, issues with the very same guy literally pushing me off the track three times in practice, and a few other more minor things... I'm sorry but the standard just isn't there for me. Nobody expects perfection but clumsiness and poor etiquette take all the fun out of racing like this, and fun is why we do this at all. It's not worth the frustration.

I realise that these issues are probably multiplied by the class of car being used, so perhaps the solution is to stick with slower, easier classes? I don't know.

Sorry guys, I do wish you luck and I hope the rest of the season goes well for all involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I understand you feeling this way guys if you had a few too many bumps. You had a really unlucky start Goffik - great off the line and flew up the middle through the pack but then Shaun's kick to the left caused contact with you which then threw him into other cars and lost you a wheel.

It's a shame you couldn't report any incidents via the normal process guys and let us look into them though as that's how we work things and help continualy improve all the drivers. That then also means the replays get looked at properly with all involved and it's understood who done what rather than one side of an incident and bad sentiment.

Hopefully no hard feelings and maybe catch you on track again sometime.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Goffik - to build on the point you made with using slower easier classes - this is largely the reason we rarely get to run leagues in these high end Formula cars - many can't handle them as everything happens so much quicker and normally this means we just don't get enough drivers.

I've put loads of work into trying to get everyone up to speed for the league but the truth is I was expecting a big incident like that on the first lap before now and very much expected that it would take a few races until everyone was more competent. Shame it had to happen on Imola.

TBH the track, as good as the racing that happened was, seemed cursed for us. 2 or 3 went out, including myself, due to hardware issues, 6 out in the start line incident and then a few more just due to racing incidents, including one dude done the old DRS special and lost 2 wheels :eek: - one of those nights.

We will learn from this though- already spoken to the chap spun on the line and hit you for some start line tips ;)