Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Repairing the GT3 cars usually takes 30 seconds for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    What I really love to have:

- Formation Lap for Rolling and Standing starts ( off, on - last sector, on - whole Lap)
    - In Lap after Race (wow, annoying to fly out of the car after the race, why is it so?)
    - Replay possibility for commentators while streaming and commenting
    - (Repaint of the Position Bar for better immersion - not such a high priority as the first three things)

What do you think?

• Like Like x 5
  3. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    No offence but I do not understand why so many want formation lap and in lap after race. I just want to start the action asap and when crossing the line I want to end the race. Never used those features at racing sims that offered such features (how I hated even 1/3 formation lap at Nascar 2003). Or is it just feeling of immersion

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Didnt care enough to ask myself but now that youve done it ill say i really dont get it either :D

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Indeed on Sims that allow cool down lap I generally just pull handbrake, do massive spin and destroy car after the line or sometimes even across the line.....

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    OK, but the world is not turning just around you only....

What I never understand is, when someone makes a whish, that it mostly doesn't take a long time, that someone is yelling "I don't want this feature, this is shit"
    This is a feature wishlist and not a "I'm here to destroy others wishes"

No offence of course.

Probably mostly people want this feature after a long heavy fight in a race online against other humans, e.g. league races. Don't know, if you do such things. Casual racers want only plug and race, I'm sure.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Replay for qualification for league racing would be nice and a relief for the ReKo - work

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    There you have a valid reason to want a cool down lap, becouse currently in Raceroom you don't have the pleasure of being able to destroing your car after the finish line :D

On a serious note, I imagine that the current abrupt screen change when crossing the finish line might be kinda desorienting for some VR users. Even with no VR it feels a bit weird.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    It is always worth it for the ability to do some doughnuts at the end of a race :D

Formation laps before a race are a large part of racing and do add to the immersions I find, the current rolling starts in SP are a bit off-putting for me personally. As with everything if this does get added there should always be a way to disable it for users that don’t want to use it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You're right, I always worry that the game will crash during the transition between screen changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I would like have a wide range of the "Brake Bias" settings … because I love donuts :D.

So it would be great if we have a 100% option for the front wheels … for all these R3E cars:
    • Chevrolet Corvette Greenwood 1977
    • Chevrolet Corvette C6R GT2
    • Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3
    • Chevrolet Camaro GT3
    • Chevrolet Daytona Prototype
    • Chevrolet Dekon Monza
    • Ford GT GT1
    • Ford GT GT3
    • Ford Mustang GT3
    • Ford Mustang IMSA GTO
    normal settings: 60% front - 40% rear
    donut settings: 100% front - 0% rear :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  12. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    It would be very usefull to be able to see which cars are in each multiplayer lobby
    In many multiclass lobbies,grids are awfully mixed and this turns the race into a track day
    A more simple solution would be to not have so many lobbies with all,or many,classes and keep the number of classes to 2 or 3

13. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    My racebuddy and I sometimes do some practice sessions on our AWS dedicated server. We use Teamspeak and play around with different setups. In some sessions we've never met on track - just in the pitlane. Would be great to have the possibility to add some bots in multiplayer to populate that sad scenery :)
    Maybe that was already dicussed here but my research only led me to a different old thread from 2015.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I like this idea, would be great for running championships with a couple of mates. Not sure how/if it would work in reality as on whose computer would the AI physics calculations etc be done? I will ask if it's even possible later

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. ProdigyXP

ProdigyXP Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    A friend and I are in the exact same boat. The ability to add even just a few AI cars to the mix would be absolutely outstanding. That is what we do with PC2 and it really makes a big difference in enjoyment when someone was not very competitive for various reasons. This is by far my biggest wishlist item over tracks, cars, graphics, day/night, etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Low Fuel Warning - should be changed for some cars (GT3's - too big on Display)
    Low Fuel Banner should be possible to get deactivated - Thread Link

Extra Up and Down Shift Buttons to map a Sequential Stick /
    Sequential Stick detection for the cars who use it in real life (simoular to H-Shifter Detection) - Thread Link

17. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice if you could set up a downtime at the box stop on the server in a league race.
    Find this should be possible RRE, if a 3 hours race like VLN Nordschleife is driven with different classes.

18. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yet again a wishlist:
    * Able to detail analyze a finished race (showing pit-strategies, incidents, tire-types and -wear etc), preferably with an outside application, either via browser or lightweight UI.
    * Enable no ghosting in pitlanes
    * Enable no abrupt end on finish line
    * Dynamic weather and night, maybe even using realtime weather (though winter is a problem)? :p
    * And if dynamic weather, a simulated forecast-channel for a server, so you can predict the weather for a upcoming race. ;)
    * Pacecar
    * Making your own liverys, and automagically sharing it on multiplayer races.
    * Chat in garage in multiplayer?
    * Dynamic track surface

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  19. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    One thing i do not like in GUI is the car selection menu. Now i have to choose the class first, and secondly the car i own. Wouldn't be better the new screen to have only the cars we own? Despite the class?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  20. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    You are seeing all the cars to entice you to buy more which keeps this site up and running.