Gt3 standards and speed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpeedRacerX, Sep 30, 2019.

1. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Why can’t I have the option to turn abs off? Why does gt3 feel so slow? I drive all cars but mostly p1, fx90, and group 5. I think maybe it’s the traction control that is used in gt3. I do real driving with abs off and tc off most of the time. When I drive gt3 it feels like i’m going in slow mo. I like gt1-3, but gt3 they just feel different than all the other cars. Plus everyone uses the Mercedes because of the benefit in horsepower it seems that if you use the other gt3 cars you are at a disadvantage, I thought all these cars were supposed to be near equal in capability. Someone enlighten me. Thanks.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to turn abs off while in the garage during a session.
    Feeling slow might largely be explained by the fact that p1 and fx90 are much faster classes. Not sure how group 5 compares lap time wise but at least on acceleration they should also be faster

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok cool I didn’t know I could turn it off. Thanks bro.

4. Aleksey Gershin

Aleksey Gershin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is it advisable to turn ABS off though?

5. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I prefer no abs. More control of the breaks.

6. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wait you mean if they give you the option to turn off abs. There isn’t a button to turn it off?

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    When you load up a session and youre in the garage youll find a few settings on the lower right, one of them being the abs. Might well be that its called braking assistance or something similar

8. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That’s what i meant, in some sessions they don’t let you pick just give you abs on.

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    If you use Go real and switch them to off you should have no traction control or ABS. In MP mode some servers have them on by default so you can´t choose.

You are right about the AMG, it´s killed the class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha, i’m playing multiplayer right now. Agree, they need to nerf AMG

11. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I can compete with the Mercedes, but it's very hard, specialy on straights. They should do something about the BOP of these cars.

I don't drive a Mercedes, exactly because everyone is driving it. They are like a plague.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    It has been mentioned in a couple of threads that the GTR3 are going through a physics update at the moment which will obviously include a BOP. Changing a BOP for 1 vehicle takes a considerable amount of time and effort by the same people that are doing the update. You wouldn't want to slow down the update, would you?

• Like Like x 2
  13. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok well it’s good to know they are working on it

14. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Exactly the time they make up on straights outweighs any other cars ability to do anything better

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    That´s not always bad provided they are not the fastest in the corners too! We can see from DTM 92 that some cars are fast on straight and others in corners and all have similar lap times in the end.
    I guess the issue with Gt3 is that cars are being added over several years so it´s harder to match them up than when a pack is released.
    The Gt3 cars I own in the starter and ring legends packs all seem quite similar whereas AMG, BMW M6, Audi R8 and Mustang seem notably faster than the others.